Games similar to Hollywood Mogul?

MalaCloudy Black

Does anyone know of any games similar to HM? Preferably freeware games or something with a trial at the very least.

Tried google, got a bunch of links to HM reviews/sites/etc. Then again, I was unsure of what to search for so I searched "games similar to Hollywood Mogul" <_<

In germany there was a very famous freeware game that was made into an official release called Holliewood Pictures, no idea if it ever was released in english, in my eyes, even with some major flaws, it´s the best movie making game on the makred (but it also is several years old by now, it even was around for amiga, but it dos it´s job so...)

Der Produzent (The Producer), i am pritty shure the game is around in english becaus the german releas was horribly translated (half of it was in english the rest was german like me writing enlish... and yes that actualy soled in stores and later in magazines....) but (at least the german) releas i major buggy and wont run under XP.

both should fall under the abandoneware rules by now

I personaly dislike Hollywood Mogul, even if it would be the only game it just issent working out for me the way a movie game should.

Of cause you also could wait for "The Movies" to come out, but i revuse to belive that there ever will be a proper bussines simulation for anny console, and this is multiconsole asides from PC so i am still keeping the ball low on it, unlike some other people that got hard ones from hearing that you can whatch your movies (yay, the new genneration of what print studios were........)

Edited by Michael Matzat

I got the PM Pay-Dee (That's your rapper name now bitch, so shut up <_< ) and I'm er, searching now. Not finding anything much though..

The Director's Chair was way too simplistic for my tastes. It was just answering questions by typing 1-10 ><

Moo V is buggy as hell, and very very tedious, you don't really write the movie persay, you have a limited maximum and minimum of five points in the movie, and you type out what's in it (you don't even have to) and select what kind of scene it is. The scene types are very limited (Plot development, important dialouge, war, fight etc.) then at the end it gets reviewed (if you can call it that) by Ebert and Roper, the fans etc. Then it can go up for awards (which are extremly random.) The hiring or actors is random too, as all they do is type in a name, and their pay is random.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/ - the mother of all said sites, find info or other games.

http://www.cdos.org - used to be the best site, but it goes down a lot and any games that are being defended by the ISDA aren't up for download. meh.

http://www.abandonia.com/ - i'm in wub with this site, it's got a lot of the old point-and-clicks along with some other ones. they're all legal downloads i'm sure.

http://www.tuol.org/ - site with a clusterfuck of links, one of them might be usefiull in some way or another..

Edited by Apple|Shampoo

Guest UmpireAJS

There is PrimeTime where you run a TV station [on a serious note], but I wont rate that game very highly since it's interference isn't exciting at all.

Goto Bogus Entertainment

for details. I dunno whether it is still around since I played it around 2 years back.