The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

Getting a first and a third for a second is a reasonable outcome for a second round guy in O'Reilly, but it's yet another waste of Rick Pracey's abilities.

I want us to keep O'Reilly because as Dragsy alluded to, I am sick to freaking death of this mismanagement team lowballing, alienating and chasing away our best players.

EDIT: And yes, Varly has been out of his skull at points this season.

Getting a first and a third for a second is a reasonable outcome for a second round guy in O'Reilly, but it's yet another waste of Rick Pracey's abilities.

I want us to keep O'Reilly because as Dragsy alluded to, I am sick to freaking death of this mismanagement team lowballing, alienating and chasing away our best players.

EDIT: And yes, Varly has been out of his skull at points this season.

Yeah, at points this season. At points this season he's been giving up easy goals as well.

Leafs looked like the better team through the first two periods, but they sucked in the third.

What I wanna know is: Why aren't they playing Kadri more? He is the best player on the ice for us...we should be playing him a LOT more.

Calgary put out that offer sheet, and Colorado was all :(

Down 3-0 in the first.

Avalanche match the offer sheet (during the intermission the news broke)

Avs rally to win 5-4!

Ruki, this is the effect Factor has on our team. That's why we need him!

• Like 3

I think maybe the picks were the better deal in this case because they're the surest thing. O'Reilly will be gone next July and would gladly have been gone today or three months ago. To me, draft picks are a better value than one-and-a-quarter seasons from a player, but maybe they've got something lined up. That's basically the ideal rental player contract.

Also lol Feaster.

Would have been nice to have O'Reilly. Also would probably have meant the end of the Iginla/Kiprusoff era in Calgary.

Will be interesting to see what plan b is.

In regards to the game... just another one tallied up under "Played awesome for a bit, and then realized that they don't care".

This just gets better and better. Apparently, if Colorado hadn't matched, O'Reilly would have had to go through waivers, since he played two KHL games since the start of the NHL season. Any team could have picked up the 2 yr/$10 million option. But Calgary still would have lost the picks. Seriously, just for almost giving up two picks for nothing, Feaster should be fired.

• Like 1

This just gets better and better. Apparently, if Colorado hadn't matched, O'Reilly would have had to go through waivers, since he played two KHL games since the start of the NHL season. Any team could have picked up the 2 yr/$10 million option. But Calgary still would have lost the picks. Seriously, just for almost giving up two picks for nothing, Feaster should be fired.

While it's completely retarded that this was missed, it's not necessarily on Feaster. There is an entire team of guys that are involved in making moves like this. That none of them picked up on this is ridiculous, but you can't just place the blame on Feaster.

Fire everybody in Calgary. EVERYBODY.

The issue is higher up than the front office. The issue is with ownership, so unless the team gets sold or they have a change of heart, it's going to be the same old shit in Cow Town for the foreseeable future.