The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

Guest mr. potato head

Every time the TSN guys talk about "Martin Brodeur going to market" I'm imagining him in his NJ jersey with armfuls of produce.

• Like 2

Every time the TSN guys talk about "Martin Brodeur going to market" I'm imagining him in his NJ jersey with armfuls of produce.

Bwaha, wonderful

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger Leafs have plaved a call to Pat Brisson with interest in Martin Brodeur. A simple inquiry..nothing more.

Yes! Come here Marty. We have candy

Guest mr. potato head

Setting aside how weird it is for a Stanley Cup finalist to lose both goalies and their top centre, what does New Jersey do if they *do* lose Brodeur? Hope Wedgewood or Kinkaid is ready improbably early? Bring in an Alex Auld or Ty Conklin type to fill the gap until one of them is ready? Try and make a play for Luongo? Devan Dubnyk offer sheet? Marty Turco? Dwayne Roloson? There's just not much of a market out there for goalies.

Do we believe that Marty saw that Lou was texting other goaltenders and stormed out in a rage. or are we assuming that Lou has been unhappy for a while and he thinks it's time to move on to someone younger, thinner, and with more flexible knees?

Not a fan of The Wild collecting enforcers.

Do we believe that Marty saw that Lou was texting other goaltenders and stormed out in a rage. or are we assuming that Lou has been unhappy for a while and he thinks it's time to move on to someone younger, thinner, and with more flexible knees?

I prefer to believe it's the first option.

Ottawa win the Rick Nash sweepstakes, trading Nick Foligno for Nash and... wait, what do you mean they took Nash off the table? Who else do they even have?

Guest mr. potato head

Risky move in my opinion. He had a great year, but I think that was mostly benefiting from playing on a line with Tavares. He might be serviceable as a winger where the other two on his line are able to make him look better (as I think the Avs will do with him). You certainly shouldn't expect a lot from him on his own though.

PA Parenteau to the Avs, good move? I know the name...a bit. Mostly minor-leaguer though, wasn't he? Blogs are saying he'll hook up with Duchy.

Parenteau is an odd one. He had a great year with the Island...but was.playing with John Tavares...but advanced stats suggest Tavares wasn't dragging his numbers up like a lot of people think. Playing with Duchene gives him a great chance to repeat it.

Parenteau's gifts are speed and playmaking vision, so if Duchene and whoever else he lines up with are finishing for him, it'll be a good fit. Downside is obviously that he's a small winger that can be pushed around and for a skill guy, he actually racks up the PIMs. Colorado and Montreal are the two teams that got appreciably better just in the moves made today, I would say.

Jordin Tootoo to Detroit is the whodathunkit pick of the day so far.

I don't know if one GM can afford to blow the money necessary to get both once the stakes are upped. It might be hype, but apparently lots of teams are throwing out everything in hopes of landing either. I wouldn't expect a deal for either until a few days have passed.

McClement is being described as a possible third center and he's best known for killing penalties. So he's David Steckel. Burke is telling TSN that they're not finished with free agency, but the center and goaltending problems aren't going to be solved that way. Expect trades.

Signing Kostka is protection for the basket case that Scrivens has undoubtedly become, as he is the one who scored that wacky goal on him in the Calder Cup finals.

McClement will do well. He's an upgrade on Steckel. Really started to come into his own down the stretch with the Avs last year.

Loving the acquisition of Parenteau - hopefully he'll do with Duchene what he did with JT - that's all we'll ever need him to do and i'd definitely pay him four large to do that.

So...Leaf centers on the big club: Bozak, Grabbo, Connolly, Lombardi, Steckle and now McClement. Six guys for four spots...plus there is everyone in the minors.

I would hate to run a hockey team. Not sure how Burke is going to make this work without a trade or three.