The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

Wait, what the actual fuck?

The Wild?

Anyway, as a Flyers fan, I'm not too worried about losing out on Parise. As good of a player as he is, I really like the Flyers' young talent, and feel like Sean Coutourier and Brayden Schenn in particular could have really big years. Hopefully we don't trade them like we do all of our promising young talent.

Losing out on Suter hurts more. Now Matt Carle will be the best FA available. I can't see that he would give Philly a hometown discount after they we were about to give Suter $100 mil. Holmgren would be smart not to get into a bidding war over Carle, but needs to make some sort of move on defense.

The Wild?

Anyway, as a Flyers fan, I'm not too worried about losing out on Parise. As good of a player as he is, I really like the Flyers' young talent, and feel like Sean Coutourier and Brayden Schenn in particular could have really big years. Hopefully we don't trade them like we do all of our promising young talent.

Losing out on Suter hurts more. Now Matt Carle will be the best FA available. I can't see that he would give Philly a hometown discount after they we were about to give Suter $100 mil. Holmgren would be smart not to get into a bidding war over Carle, but needs to make some sort of move on defense.

We gave you Schenn, what more do you want?! :angry:

Also, loving the new title.

Plus...apparently Burke talked about trying Kadri out at center, since he was impressed with what he saw during the playoffs. AND apparently he isn't done with making moves, talking about upgrading center. Let's get Getz!

No. The Wild were 8 wins out of a playoff spot with the league's worst Goals For and one of the worst Goals Against last season. They have a better first line now and one standout defenseman, so they've made improvements but have little depth and littler cap space. The bones of a good competitive team are there for years to come, but I think expectations should be tempered.

Guest mr. potato head

Plus we've seen time and time again that teams with a core that has been together for years will almost always outperform a team that looks more talented on paper but was only thrown together over a year or two.

• Like 1

The Wild?

We gave you Schenn, what more do you want?! :angry:

Also, loving the new title.

Plus...apparently Burke talked about trying Kadri out at center, since he was impressed with what he saw during the playoffs. AND apparently he isn't done with making moves, talking about upgrading center. Let's get Getz!

Schenn is a definite upgrade, but also definitely not a replacement for a guy like Pronger, although not many are.

Pretty much, I'm saying I want Shea Weber next year.

Did not see BOTH of them landing in Minnesota. Wow.

I have to say that for the first-class organisation that Nashville is reported to be, i'm more than a little disappointed in Poile's reaction to all this.

Guest mr. potato head

Did not see BOTH of them landing in Minnesota. Wow.

Surely you must have known that Minnesota was in on them :/

I knew that Minnesota was gunning hard for Parise, and I knew that the communication between Parise and Suter had lead to speculation on both of them landing in the same place, but until I woke up this morning and went back through my tweets, I hadn't seen anything from Minnesota's end to indicate they'd put a serious offer on Suter.

Guest mr. potato head

So that's a no on "was Plubby reading Down Goes Brown and similar feeds during the first few hours of free agency" then :shifty:

I can only read so many tweets. On July 1 I restricted myself to skipping over anything that wasn't from a SN/TSN/ESPN/CBC source saying "Done deal" in it or mentioning Colorado.

Guest mr. potato head

Suffice it to say that Minnesota was making it very, very clear to the media that they were "in on" both Parise and Suter.

Observation: Certain teams are working *really* hard to make sure the media reports they're "in on" players they'll never sign/acquire.

— Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown)

July 1, 2012
- bet DGB would like to have that one back.