The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

That pick bumps up to a first if they advance to the eastern finals.

Considering they got him for just tossing money his way, I'd say getting a hopeful first is pretty good.

Calgary Flames If and When (Updated)

Jarome Iginla - Pittsburgh (DONE)

Jay Bouwmeester - Philadelphia (TRADED to St. Louis)

Michael Cammalleri - Carolina

Miika Kiprusoff - Toronto

Dennis Wideman - Detroit

Mark Giordano - Ottawa

Jiri Hudler - Washington

Roman Cervenka - Boston

Alex Tanguay - Montreal

Matt Stajan - New York Islanders

Curtis Glencross - Ottawa

Anton Babchuk - New York Rangers

Lee Stempniak - San Jose

Cory Sarich - Philadelphia

Blake Comeau - Los Angeles

Chris Butler - New Jersey

Derek Smith - Phoenix

TJ Brodie - Florida

Mikael Backlund - Nashville

Tim Jackman - Pittsburgh

Brian McGrattan - Philadelphia

Paul Byron - Carolina

Joey MacDonald - Buffalo

Steve Begin - Chicago

Again, keep Kipper.

Interesting note: My old co-workers son has been named the captain of the Tri-City Americans.

Not the most reliable source, but Eklund is saying that "obstacles have been overcome" in regards to Kiprusoff heading to Toronto.

Honestly, as a Leafs fan myself, I think a veteran goalie to safeguard the playoff run is a good idea. I think Kiprusoff still has what it takes, and that this year has been an anomaly. It's really hard to bring your a-game with you every night when you can't trust your teammates to play well in front of you. On the other end, it's hard for the players to play up to their offensive skill level when there's no confidence in the goalie in net. That's been the story this year for Calgary. Given time with a better team, I believe Kipper would return to his old form... and really, as long as he's not being brought in to take the number one job, it's a pretty decent idea.

The only obstacle I really see as a Leafs fan is the cap hit that comes with him. In regards to cap retention, does that mean that Calgary can hold onto some of the $5 million plus that he accounts for? Or is it a different situation because of the fact that he only actually makes $1.5 next year?

If Eklund says there are obstacles, it basically means he is becoming a Leaf :(

And Kipper has been trash this year, he's aging, on a crappy contract (for his performance), and would likely be riding pine for 90% of the games. Any coach that plays him over Reimer in the playoffs should be fired on the spot.

I keep saying this...they want someone with playoff experience, and that's fine. You know how you get a goalie with playoff experience? LET YOUR GOALIE WHO IS TAKING YOU TO THE PLAYOFFS PLAY IN THE PLAYOFFS.

He's not moving. He's going to retire at the end of the year. At this point, they should move on and respect his decision to retire a flame and not report to another team.

This is going to be a very slow afternoon.