The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

Penguins and Blackhawks both clinch playoff spots

When can the Leafs get one of those fashionable little asterisks beside their name in the standings?

Im not exactly sure and can't seem to find a website that shows when teams can clinch but my guess would be with about 3 or 4 more wins if the right teams lose

Holy shit, an Avalanche player actually had an opinion on something.

If Jiggy's accurate, I'm pretty concerned about the state of the club. I also think it's another indicator that the Avs need to overhaul their front office and coaching staff. There's talent there, but it's being swindled through apathy and laziness, or perhaps just sheer inability to correct it or ignorance of what to do.

At some point, Kroenke's going to have to loosen the purse strings. The sellout streak is a distant memory and local TV ratings are dropping. I don't like it, but I get running the team on the cheap: the mission statement is making money, not winning games. But they'll soon be hitting that crossroads where the on-ice product is so poor, it's affecting the bottom line worse than spending money to field a competitive squad would.

• Like 1

I loved Jiggy before and I love him even more now. I'm looking at you, Erik Johnson, David Jones, Paul Stastny. Parenteau, Duchene, and the goalies are the only ones pulling on the rope some nights. Most nights.