The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

I don't get MAF, he had a pretty damn good year, played well in Game 1, then just self destructed. He can be amazing at times, but then just ends up playing horribly.

But I do definitely see Bylsma getting fired, the hammer is gonna fall on someone, and it's gonna be him.

Sucks to lose like this, but Pittsburgh really did have a great season, shame it ended like this, but what can ya do? I just hope they renew Dupuis' contract, he's been great the last two seasons.

Looks like Dallas Eakins will be the Oilers new coach. This makes me sad, I loved what he did with the Marlies, and hoped that he would become the Leafs coach after Wilson (or Carlyle). Hopefully we find a good replacement!

And there seems to be a lot of coaching changes this off season: Vancouver, Colorado, Rangers, Dallas, Edmonton...am I missing anyone else? I think Buffalo only has an interm coach?

Is Phoenix going to change their coach as well? I've been reading some people's suggestions that he would fit in with Pittsburgh once he's fired from Phoenix, but I haven't heard anything about Phoenix even wanting to get rid of him.

I'm kinda torn on Dan, I think he's run out of excuses, four bad playoff exits in a row, one of them being a sweep, the first in over 30 years, with guys like Crosby, Malkin, Iginla, Letang, etc. On the other hand, he does do a great job during the regular season, and you can't blame it all on him. I dunno, I feel he'll end up being fired, but I cannot think of someone to take over right now. Either way, their system needs a change badly. Speaking of coaching, who do you guys see ending up with the Rangers and Canucks?

Looking forward to the finals, should be a great series, I'll take Chicago in six.

That Boston team is a season and a half removed from the cup. There is no shame in losing to them. I don't think you hit the panic button in a lockout-shortened season. You see where you're at next season.

*UNLESS* you think you can get Dave Tippett.

Ruki/Plubby Stanley Cup Final! I expect catty pressers after every game.

Edmonton fired Ralph Kruger and are apparently after Dallas Eakins to come up and take the helm. The story as MacTavish tells it to the media is quite funny: they were looking for a veteran assistant coach and realized what they actually wanted was a new head coach after all. So Kruger meeting with MacTavish to talk about potential candidates turned into MacTavish talking to Kruger about finding a new job.

Eakins is the perfect choice for what they've got right now - Eakins helped a lot of players on the Marlies find their edge and bring their game up to potential.

Ruki/Plubby Stanley Cup Final! I expect catty pressers after every game.

Edmonton fired Ralph Kruger and are apparently after Dallas Eakins to come up and take the helm. The story as MacTavish tells it to the media is quite funny: they were looking for a veteran assistant coach and realized what they actually wanted was a new head coach after all. So Kruger meeting with MacTavish to talk about potential candidates turned into MacTavish talking to Kruger about finding a new job.

Eakins is the perfect choice for what they've got right now - Eakins helped a lot of players on the Marlies find their edge and bring their game up to potential.

Eakins will do wonderful things for a young team like the Oilers. He deserves to be an NHL head coach, I just wish he would have been a head coach in Toronto :(

Hey, Toronto took Boston to seven games atleast. <_<

But seriously, now that I had time to think about it, Bylsma shouldn't be fired. Yeah, he got out coached, and maybe he could have changed things up a bit, but it's not his fault they couldn't score goals. I don't think he'll be gone just yet, the system has got to change, and he's got to learn how to control the players, but he does a great job during the regular, and they win a shit load of hockey games with him. Also, maybe I missed something, but Iggy, Morrow, Murray and Jokinen were all suppose to be just rental players right? How come I've only read that the first three have contracts up but Jokinen doesn't? Did he sign long term and I missed it? I would love for Jokinen to stay, and Iggy wants to stay as well, but there's no way he's going to make what he was making.

Just read that Vancouver is interested in Tortorella, I would love to see that.

Edited by Baby Hewey