The Aftermath of Ruthless Aggression - Hype and Preview

Some may remember back I did a scenario called Aftermath of Attitude which was a world set 10 years after the effects of the Attitude era with a different wrestling world had developed.

Well the Aftermath of Ruthless Aggression is very similar however it’s now based from incidents after what’s been called the Ruthless Aggression (2002-2008). The thought behind this came about through another scenario that might never have been where Paul Heyman takes control of the books at TNA, well not to let an interesting concept die I’m going to incorporate that into this scenario.

The period where this scenario will start developing from would be around 2004 to 2006.

I’m going to try and deliver a bit more of a backstory for promotions and some big stars, haven’t been all too great with these before so bear with me.

Dixie is a Heyman Gal!

In February 2005 after being written off WWE television Paul Heyman was sent to Ohio Valley Wrestling to help run their development system after Jim Cornette left the promotion. Under the new Heyman regime there was many call ups to the main roster any a few potential stars who were looked over, however in 2005 after the success of the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD, Paul Heyman and Rob Van Dam proposed to Vince McMahon a one off event to celebrate ECW. Vince was initially reluctant until the possibility of it drawing a bigger buy rate when most WWE pay per views were dropping he gave ECW one night and the prediction came true with ECW’s One Night Stand being the highest drawing B show (after the big four). Thinking that the ECW brand still had some value left by the end of summer the plan was to revive ECW as a third brand headed once again by Paul Heyman.

The ECW brand was revived at the Survivor Series when during the main Survivor Series match between Raw and Smackdown a bunch of masked men invaded the ring and beat down both teams before unveiling they were taking WWE to the extreme. By the end of the year ECW finally got its own television program however the major draw of WWE vs. ECW was missing and by the Royal Rumble it was diluted to such an extent that fans were turning off of the product and as the ratings fell Vince pointed the finger at Heyman and blamed him for the falling of ECW before telling him to return to Louisville, Heyman having no desire to return to the purgatory of OVW asked for his release and by the time WrestleMania 22 came Heyman was free of WWE.

Free to do whatever he wanted Heyman started expand his portfolio in various different ways but the call of wrestling was never too far away as Total Nonstop Action Wrestling were looking for a change of direction and Heyman’s name was first on their list. Heyman did however want more than just a booking position; he wanted a part of the company but Dixie was reluctant to give him that without results so a deal was put forward that if Heyman could improve TNA’s position over the next 3 years he would get 25% of the company.

Six years on Heyman has turned TNA into a credible rival to the WWE emphasising on younger talent and fresher storylines during a period where the WWE product was stagnating. TNA are still the second biggest global promotion but 2013 is when the push for an international platform starts. With Dave Lagana, Scott D’Amore and Gabe Sapolsky on the writing team they have been producing a product to rival WWE for the past four years however for the last two years the WWE’s booking have had a strong shake up in an attempt to revitalise their product.

Coming soon.... The Book of The Game

• Like 1

I love Aftermath of Attitude. I was going to start a diary with it but my comp fucked up my data so I had to scrap that. I really look forward to seeing how this comes out. My only issue with AoA was that it seemed like it would have been better set in 06-07 but that's just me.

I love Aftermath of Attitude. I was going to start a diary with it but my comp fucked up my data so I had to scrap that. I really look forward to seeing how this comes out. My only issue with AoA was that it seemed like it would have been better set in 06-07 but that's just me.

I get what you mean, when i did it it was 10 years since the end of attitude so thought why not do something if the attitude changed the world differently.

This will be for TEW 2005?

Yep I only work with TEW05 but its not out the question to be converted.

Also i know its a hassle but i am building this from scratch, somehow it feels easier to me than modding a period database to fit.

Edited by TheWho87

This might be a little short on info in some areas but I plan on expanding upon those later on separately.

The Book of The Game

With the WWE taking a hit in the ratings with the rise of TNA, Vince McMahon was blaming his entire booking team for their stagnating product until Paul Levesque (Triple H) stood up to his father-in-law saying that the WWE was in this mess because of him, since he bought out his competition he had become complacent by just making money and not trying to push boundaries which got him where he is today. Vince was angered by his son-in-law pointing out his failings in front of his employees suspended him from active duty but the suspension didn’t last for long as during his time off Levesque had begun to write something that would hopefully breath some new life into the WWE. When he presented it to Vince he was reluctant to run the program after what had happened but trusted in his son-in-law’s judgement so gave him control of the storyline.

During WrestleMania XXVI the announcement of “New Exciting Talent” was revealed. On the following Raw the details were reviled that for the next three months from WWE’s development promotion would debut in an effort to win a fulltime contract with WWE and a shot at the Intercontinental or United States title at SummerSlam. Over the three months they would be competing in a series of challenges and matches to prove they are going to become the “NXT” WWE Superstar. As the series progressed there were four stars that stood out and made it to the final week, Joe Hennig, Wade Barrett, Kaval and Daniel Bryan, they were then placed into a knockout tournament on the final episode of NXT with the winner getting a WWE contract and the shot at a title, on the final episode of NXT before SummerSlam the four were placed in a knockout tournament for the contract and title shot, the winner being Wade Barrett who took on Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental title but he was not able to capture the title that night, the following night on Raw Barrett announced his intentions for his time in the WWE, he then proceeded to call out all the former NXT stars he then gave them a black armband with a yellow N on it proclaiming this was the start of something new and that this is the Nexus, he said that those who do not wear our colours are the enemy, you may refuse this offer but on your head be it. The only two to throw down the armbands were Kaval and Daniel Bryan but before they could leave the ring they were ambushed by the group.

With the popularity of the Nexus storyline WWE’s ratings began to improve and as the ratings went up Vince McMahon was more willing on allowing more control of the booking committee to Paul Levesque and as the Nexus storyline continued and gained more momentum he wanted to make some drastic changes to the brands that WWE had been working with for the past 8 years, he had no problem with keeping them running but felt that having each brand have its own world title devalued each other saw a way of unifying the titles to have one company wide world title with each brand having their own secondary title, by doing this he felt that it would make the main event stronger and more stable reducing on 3-6 months of repeated main events.

Coming soon.... The Revolving Door of (Dis)Honour

t WWE had been working with for the past 8 years, he had no problem with keeping them running but felt that having each brand have its own world title devalued each other saw a way of unifying the titles to have one company wide world title with each brand having their own secondary title, by doing this he felt that it would make the main event stronger and more stable reducing on 3-6 months of repeated main events.

AoA WWF didn't have two world titles, did it?

• 2 weeks later...
The Revolving Door of (Dis)Honour

Ring of Honor had been riding on a high after getting a PPV deal in 2007 trying to increase their exposure and it slowly began to improve the live gates over the following year but when they started to dip over the summer of 2008 Cary Silkin thought it was time enough to try and bring in a new audience and by October it was announced that Gabe Sapolsky would be leaving ROH and be replaced by Delirious until a full time booker could be found. The next booker to take over the reins was Adam Pearce and it was under his ROH tried their first break for national exposure after signing a television deal with HDNet however unlike the PPV deal before there was minimal effect on live gates which is what keeps ROH going and Silkin decided to let Pearce go after Final Battle 2009 with Delirious taking back control of the booking and over the next few months the live gate started to return to suitable levels.

After six months in control it was announced that ROH had signed a new full time head booker with Jim Cornette taking over control, when this news broke to the internet community they started to feel that Silkin didn’t know what he was doing since Delirious was doing a good job and he was taking ROH to new levels but now Silkin is taking ROH back to the dark ages. The live gates were stable for the rest of the year and for the first half of 2011 but the problem was that Cornette wasn’t pushing boundaries, with WWE and TNA fighting against each other trying fresh ideas and fresh talent it was ROH that took the brunt with stars like Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuinness, Austin Aries, Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli being tempted away with big time contracts Cornette tried to fill the gaps by bringing in newer younger talent which was very hit and miss so he decided to close things down and take things back to a simpler style but after this started to become apparent on screen the fans began to show their displeasure chanting “boring” and “same old shit” though most of the shows and would do the opposite of what was booked by chearing the heels and booing the faces and would chant “we want Delirious” every time Cornette was on the microphone. Silkin did not want to give into the fans views as he felt that he knew what was best for ROH but after an event where the outcome was not to their liking the fans tore up the arena they were in forcing Silkin to make drastic decisions and look for a new booker after Cornette handed in his resignarion.

Initially Silkin looked to hand over the booking back to Delirious but after asking if he would be booking full time and being told it was just till they found a new booker Delirious handed his resignation saying that he had been working in Chikara as their booker for months now and would have only taken the position if it was full time. Silkin was then stuck in a position of not having a booker until recent signing Steve Corino offered to take over but said that he would only take the position if he could be guaranteed a three year contract as booker to try and stabilise things, Silkin was not happy with this offer but with little other option he reluctantly agreed hoping that this stability could bring ROH back to its glory.

Coming soon.... Indy-Pendent Television & The State of Development

On a side note the way this is panning out and what I’ve been cleaning up the end result of this could be converted to be a revitalised real world data, it depends how far I go with adding workers.