A quick question about Civilisation

METALMAN

Basegame

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIV5/sid-meiers-civilization-v

€7.49

Basegame GOTY Edition (includes a bunch of dlc)

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-CIV5GOTYE/sid-meiers-civilization-v-game-of-the-year-edition

€13.58

Expansion

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIV5GKEP/sid-meiers-civilization-v-gods-and-kings-expansion-pack

€10.18

Might get cheaper when it´s struck by a daily deal.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Me and my brother just started a Civ3 LAN game to play over Christmas. Im USA and taking the explorer role building the map up and gathering technologies while hes England and building up cities and an army.

Looking forward to going to war and battering the world into submission.

Edited by ZJ Penn

I never played Realism Invctus, but it looks... complicated.

RI is, in my opinion, not only the best Civ4 mod out there, but one of the best mods for any game I've played. Although the new features may seem overwhelming at first, there's not all that much of the core mechanics that've changed. There's just more stuff.

Tech trading is gone. Now Civs with open borders get bonuses when researching techs the other civ already has. Much more realistic. I highly doubt Romans ever approached the Egyptians and said "you there, teach me how to build roads and I'll give you a bunch of gold." But tech 'bleed'? Much better.

Each Civ now has a whole host of unique units. The Vikings (who I most recently played) have Nordic versions of most of the pre-classical units (which they share with the Germans), then move on to the stereotypical Berserkers, then through the gunpowder reforms of Gustav I, finally moving on to Saab-designed airplanes. The Aztecs have full-on Jaguar and Eagle Warriors, then actually start to use some Mexican units and Zapata rebels as their Geurilla units (IIRC). Each Civ is now actually different in more ways than just colour, and ruler and city names. Fighting the Arabs in a desert is a bad idea. The Vikings get amphibious bonuses.

Plus, there's a full world map that has dozens of Civ5-style city-states (non-playable civs) to interact with. Even the Portuguese. And Belgians, I believe. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the World Map, as my computer is not beefy enough to handle it, and always crashes. Maybe one day... sigh.

Short version: Realism Invictus is the shit. Try it. Love it.

Are they making a Civ 5 version of it? I'm so used to 5 I don't really want to go back to 4.