Franchise Hockey Manager

Ruki

More screenshots!

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/fhm-general-discussions/228666-last-pre-beta-screenshots.html

So, it's gonna be released at some point today. If it comes with two beta-codes, who wants to go 50-50 with me?

Potentially. Would we both pay the lower price when it eventually came out in the full version?

More screenshots!

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/fhm-general-discussions/228666-last-pre-beta-screenshots.html

So, it's gonna be released at some point today. If it comes with two beta-codes, who wants to go 50-50 with me?

Potentially. Would we both pay the lower price when it eventually came out in the full version?

You pay for the beta, you get the full version. And I think once the full version is out it is gonna be getting a little pay bump.

And I got a serial code, no idea if it is able to be used on a second account.

Only one way to find out. (Hint: PM it to me and I will tell you.)

Going somewhat off-topic here I know (I'm not really interested in buying it until it's a full, proper product), but is there a decent online resource where I can get a bit more in-depth with hockey strategy? For instance, I could possibly hazard a guess at what a left wing lock is, but I couldn't draw it up if you asked me too (why would you ask me to do that?)

EDIT: Ok, I just looked up what a left wing lock was and was completely wrong >_>

Edited by Dragsy Kekua

Getting this at the near the end of the month when the better half clears up her credit card, probably going to tool with the league editor quite a bit and see how possible a World Premier League of Hockey would play out starting at the 1967 Expansion and moving on to modern hockey now, base the league structure just like Soccer with relegation and [if possible] Champions Leagues but I think thats out of the question in the first game. Depending on how some teams do, I could wind up seeing the Toronto Maple Leafs in League 3 play, which would please me greatly.

Done and done. And I mean done. If anybody's interested in potentially going halves, let me know and I'll see if it's possible to have the game on multiple computers.

Hm. I'm aware it's a beta, but I'm also comparing this to NHL:EHM and so far, this is coming up quite lacking. It's nowhere near as user-friendly as NHL:EHM was, so I'm really hoping that's something they put a lot of work into between now and September because as it stands, I couldn't sit down with this game and spend hours on it like I have with the EHM games.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah. I was thinking of getting it but was waiting for the promised youtube review to come out. I'd be up for going 50%50 as well if it came with with a license for 2 machines.

I haven't opened it since day 1. It was annoying then (but, again, beta), and decided I would wait until closer to release to try again. Has anyone played in awhile know if it is improved from day 1?

It has, not by much.. too many nerds wanting updated rosters week by week to get any real progress, I figure by the end of May we'll have a much more playable game, thats not to say its a mess of bugs, because it is, but it's still fun to tool around in the beta and see what breaks it while having a new hockey sim to play with for the first time in forever.

Laying the ground works for a historical mod starting in 79 at the NHL/WHA Merger, 3-4 leagues, 22-28 teams per league with relegation, 96-108 game seasons at the NHL level, my end goal of the mod is to take the Leafs in 79 playing in the NHL and by 94 playing in the USHL aka League 3 and just leave them there to rot as the Toros become the team in Toronto and the Leafs become 2nd rate like the Clippers it would take millions of dollars and years of rebuilding plus advancing via relegation just to get back to the NHL, it's going to be fun, and if I can make the combined league 7-8 leagues deep my planned expansions set in 94, 99 and 2006 will happen with a lot less confusion. Just a bunch of text files right now since its in beta, and games and databases are useless upon every update, but I figure by the end of October I'll have something playable, if not completed if the databases are anything like OOTP 13, they were so easy to use.

Oh and sign up for the contest to give away my 2nd key closes on the 28th

• 1 month later...

No idea! I haven't touched it since the beta released. I felt I would have gotten frustrated and never played it again after the full game released. But I think the full release is coming in September.

• 1 year later...