EWR 2013 Stats Update: January ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

-Add Elia the Great to Elia Markopoulos' alter egos. Make Sean Gorman his manager.

-Delete the Plantinum Greeks stable. Deactivate The Platinum Greeks and The Platinum Greeks II tag teams.

-Add a stable called "The Brand New Bad." Members: Todd Hanson (Handsome Johnny) as leader, Sean Gorman, Sean Burke and Elia Markopoulos.

-Add a love relationship between (Greek) Barbie and Scott Reed.

-On a side note, someone should consider trying to overhaul Heartland Wrestling Association.

Edited by Soundgarden9

Might be done already but here it goes;

Lower BLK Jeez's, Robbie Mireno's and Ruckus's attitude/behavior. These three started a near riot at COD 14 last month.

Oh and almost forgot, add a dislike or hate between BLK Jeez and Jake Crist. Jeez spat on Jake's wife Nevaeh at the same event which caused a fight breaking out between the two.

more about the incident;

http://www.czwrestling.com/news.php/update_on_blk_out.html

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

For the record, the weight limit I have been using for a while now is 230 pounds. Anything over 230 is a Heavyweight. Anything under is a lightweight.

One problem is, people's weights fluctuate and, those right on the cutoff point, regardless of what point you use, could be a heavyweight one week and a lightweight the next. Unless I'm missing something, the only thing in EWR that uses the lightweight/heavyweight distinction is that heavyweights can't compete for titles checked as "lightweight." A couple gimmicks also require a certain weight, but not a lot.

Another problem is, over the years and depending where the determination is being made (WWE, WCW, Japan, etc) the limit has fluctuated. Besides, if they wanted to give a wrestler over their "weight limit" a Cruiserweight (or Light Heavyweight) title, they'd either say that the limit was higher, or say that the worker fell under the weight limit.

Like I said, the only time it really matters is if you want someone to win a lightweight title. A couple of gimmicks require a certain weight, but not too many.

If a worker is borderline on the weight and a gimmick that requires a certain weight fits him well, we'd probably adjust the lightweight/heavyweight status so that they can use that gimmick. I feel that's the case here... Bo Dallas certainly fits the Underdog gimmick and the NXT site has him listed at 230, which was the limit I have been working with. So, he'll be a lightweight with an underdog gimmick for now. When and if his character changes, we can reevaluate accordingly.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Lower BLK Jeez's, Robbie Mireno's and Ruckus's attitude/behavior. These three started a near riot at COD 14 last month.

Oh and almost forgot, add a dislike or hate between BLK Jeez and Jake Crist. Jeez spat on Jake's wife Nevaeh at the same event which caused a fight breaking out between the two.

more about the incident;

Are we sure this isn't a work...? I dunno a lot about CZW, but if this were a shoot, would it be on their website like this?

-Bill

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification here Bill. I've noticed that the NXT website does have him listed as 230 lbs, but when they did his introduction last night on RAW, they said he weighed in at 225, which is why I suggested to drop him to a lightweight.

That's what I mean by the weights fluctuating, pending on where you look. It's not like wrestling has ever been honest about weights anyway, so while 230 is kinda what I've been using as a guideline, it's more of a case-by-case basis. Again, it's not a big factor in gameplay, so it's not like it's a major concern, unless a worker is clearly one or the other... Like if I had Big Show as a lightweight, I could see the reason to make a change.

Usually, if people suggest a change from a lightweight to heavyweight, or vice versa, I'll research it a little and make a call based on the info I have. If the worker is a lightweight champion somewhere or a gimmick requires them to be one or the other, that obviously plays a factor if they are borderline one way or the other. But, in most cases, if there's a suggestion to change a worker's weight and I don't see a clear reason not to, I make the change. Again, it's not an issue that comes up a lot and isn't much of a factor in the game anyway.

If Kevin Nash isn't on WWE then Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels shouldn't be either

Michaels and Austin are Hall of Famers. Chances are, if they're gonna do anything wrestling related, it'll be with WWE. The same cannot be said about Nash. Since Nash does make apperances for WWE, though, I'll put him on an open deal.

Put Jeff Jarrett as non-wrestler

In EWR, he's currently with TNA and AAA... I find it hard to believe that he's done werstling completely... Should he be a NW in AAA, or should we just remove him from AAA altogether?

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

...230lbs is not a lightweight.

Like I said, it's more of a guideline than a hard rule. Reason being, if I set it at 220, anytime a guy is announced or listed at 221, people will want the weight changed. Setting it 10 pounds higher gives some buffer room. This way, any worker that's between 220 and 230 could be classified as either a lightweight or a heavyweight. Chris Jericho, for example, is a Heavyweight in EWR and he's listed at 226 on the WWE website. I don't plan to make him a lightweight because of it, though.

Again, we have to remember that, in wrestling, weights can and are often exaggerated. In Bo Dallas' case, he falls in that area where he could either be a lightweight or a heavyweight. In an effore to make the update as realistic as possible, he's currently being portrayed as an NXT Rookie and as a result, a huge underdog. Since underdog only works on lightweights and Dallas is within that buffer, it's more accurate to change him to a lightweight. In the end, it has little to no effect on gameplay.

-Bill

• Like 3

more about the incident;

Are we sure this isn't a work...? I dunno a lot about CZW, but if this were a shoot, would it be on their website like this?

-Bill

Sounds like a work to me.

-Oleg the Usurper should not have Fonz Factor checked.

People constantly complain about there being too many workers in the game. Why add guys who aren't even workers? This is a professional wrestling game, not a "people who pretend they are professional wrestlers" game.

• Like 2

...230lbs is not a lightweight.

Like I said, it's more of a guideline than a hard rule. Reason being, if I set it at 220, anytime a guy is announced or listed at 221, people will want the weight changed. Setting it 10 pounds higher gives some buffer room. This way, any worker that's between 220 and 230 could be classified as either a lightweight or a heavyweight. Chris Jericho, for example, is a Heavyweight in EWR and he's listed at 226 on the WWE website. I don't plan to make him a lightweight because of it, though.

Again, we have to remember that, in wrestling, weights can and are often exaggerated. In Bo Dallas' case, he falls in that area where he could either be a lightweight or a heavyweight. In an effore to make the update as realistic as possible, he's currently being portrayed as an NXT Rookie and as a result, a huge underdog. Since underdog only works on lightweights and Dallas is within that buffer, it's more accurate to change him to a lightweight. In the end, it has little to no effect on gameplay.

-Bill

Well, it needs to be a hard rule. 220+ is a heavyweight, anything less is a lightweight. You're adding incorrect data by doing it your way.

But then I'm obsessive over consistency like that.

more about the incident;

-Bill

You never know with CZW, but after the incident and at Ascension Maven Bentley apologized to the fans and promised to make it up for them so I think it is legit.

"Prior to Ascension, CZW Vice President Maven Bentley came out to address the CZW audience in regards to BLK OUT. Bentley announced to the live crowd that he “wanted to ensure the fans would be safe at ringside.” He went to say, “Due to the unprofessional actions of our performers collectively known as the BLK OUT, last month at Cage of Death I had no choice but to release BLK OUT from Combat Zone Wrestling. Until such time, a hearing can be had to determine if they can wrestle safely here again.”"

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

I agree with Nerf, 220lbs is the cut off for a Lightweight, it's not 230lbs. In the game this is done to determine who can challenge for a Cruiserweight Title, and I doubt we'd be seeing the likes of Shawn Michaels and Christian doing that. If the weight was Light Heavyweight, sure, but it isn't. It's always been 220 from my point of view.

And Fusion, Kris is referring to your list of 'backyarders'. He's right that we don't need to be adding a tonne of new workers all on about 5 overness who don't even really wrestle because the game is already overfull with information and data. It takes longer to load than ever now, and whilst it is good that the data has become so in-depth, we also should look to not just add to it with loads and loads of frivolous wrestlers or whatever because it affects the running performance of the game.

But that adds more workers for BY2G games, I know there's enough already in the game and we really don't need all these newer guys in there. And honestly, he has to say they aren't professional? They have a 100% built ring that they use. Look em' up on Youtube, you'll see exactly what I'm talking.

And also, check High Spots for Michael Elgin.

And Menacing for Michael Dante.

Edited by fusionFX!
  • Like 1

• Lightweight

• 70kg (154lb) limit in Mexico as of the mid 1980s.
  • 70kg (154lb) limit in UK.
  • There were world titles in the US around 1920s.
  • 68kg (150lb) limit in Olympic wrestling before 1996.
  • 155lb (70kg) limit for MMA under the rules of the Nevada State Athletic Commision as of 2000.
  • 135lb limit in professional boxing.

So using that theory, I guess just to settle the arguement, make most of the male wrestlers heavyweight and move on. Or, since Bill is the one that puts all the hard work into making the updates, let him make the final decision. For the record, I'm fine with it being 230, 225, 220, or whatever. I use more lightweight people most of the time, but not only for lightweight titles.

As for adding more wrestlers, I'm all for it. I would much rather have backyarders who compete in a ring every week, than some celebrity who pops up for a one off appearance. If stats are provided for an individual, then add them. I personally think the game takes longer to load more because of relationships than wrestlers added anyways.

• Like 2