MLB 2K13 / MLB 13: The Show

Toe

• 3 weeks later...

Considering picking the game up although I'm still really enjoying MLB 12. Also wanted to share this glorious tidbit from the transaction history:

July 8th

BREWERS
-Sent RP Jason DelGaudio from Triple-A Nashville to Double-A Huntsville
-Sent RP Jason DelGaudio from Double-A Huntsville to Class-A Brevard County
-Released RP Jason DelGaudio

Shitty day for that guy.

• Like 2

Picked up The Show because it was $10 off at Best Buy, I had another $5 reward zone certificate and some gift cards from work. I really, really like it. RTTS hasn't change much, but what has changed is a definite improvement.

• 1 month later...

So I got The Show.

My Oakland A's lead the AL West by about 8 games. As a team, we lead all of baseball in hitting and are top 5 in all offensive stats except walks (we are still in the top half there).

My only moves so far were to trade Jemile Weeks to LA for Dee Gordon, who I moved to second. I also signed Jose Valverde to add some bullpen depth.

Chris Young was going to be strictly a part time DH and spot starter in the outfield, but I had to find a spot for him to play everyday because he was on fire. I moved Cespedes to 3B (which increased his overall) and start Young in LF. It has been a good move so far, and both would be leading vote getters for the All-Star Team if Cespedes hadn't got injured.

Edited by Toe

• 4 weeks later...

Finally went ahead and picked this up after deciding I was bored of my MLB 12 franchise. It's a beautiful game and the new changes are great. Only downside is the computer GMs are still unbelievably stupid. I make it a point to never rip off the AI GMs, but they make dumb moves on their own. Not even 3 months into my game and the Angels traded Mike Trout to the Cardinals. The same Mike Trout who is a 99 OVR rated player and making virtually no money.