NHL 14

thewrestlingkid

• 3 weeks later...

Playing now as Columbus as my Florida game is unavailable.

Before the first game, traded a goaltending prospect and second rounder to St Louis for Shattenkirk. We start out hot but by Jan 1st, are battling for 8th. I decide to make some moves.

First, Ottawa offers me their first and second picks in 2015 for James Wisniewski. I take that deal right away. With Gaborik a UFA after the year, I decide to move him too. I offer him and Artem Anisimov to Colorado for Duchene, Tyson Barrie and their first round pick in 2014. They take the deal. Finally, I grabbed Vladmir Sobotka from St Louis for a 2nd round pick.

Overall, I like my team better now. They are probably a little worse now, but with Duchene and Shattenkirk getting better and some cap space free for the off season, I should be able to make some moves and become a much better team. All I need is a top line left winger, since I would prefer to play Umberger on the second line.

My only real complaint with the gameplay itself, is that too many big hits lead to fights. If it's an enforcer that I make the hit with, sure. But Sven Baertschi shouldn't be fighting every two or three games. I wish there was a way to decline the fight.

My only real complaint with the gameplay itself, is that too many big hits lead to fights. If it's an enforcer that I make the hit with, sure. But Sven Baertschi shouldn't be fighting every two or three games. I wish there was a way to decline the fight.

Did you turn down the sliders on the settings for fighting? I used to have a bunch during a game, but now it's 2-3. You can decline a fight, but only when they're pushing and shoving you. Not when they already come at you with their gloves out, etc.

Loving this game, but my biggest complaint is I keep getting 5 minute majors for boarding, I mean, seriously, almost every other game it's happened. I've gotten hit along the boards but they never get called on it, but when I do it, it's a major.

I update all of my rosters and stuff manually, because I dislike EA's roster updates and find a tremendous amount of issues with them every year.

I was wondering if anyone could write down Karri Ramo's attributes for me, so that I can create him. PetrPuck, who I usually get my CAPs from, took Ramo straight from the EA updates, so he never made a CAP of the new Flames goalie.

It would be very much appreciated. Thanks.