TEW2013: July of 1999 Mod (Work in Progress)

BETA VERSION 1.0 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/wh60gwsp0q7y6dm/July+99+Beta+1.rar

Uploaded November 28, 2013

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am currently working on a mod for TEW13, set in July of 99.

The reason I chose that particular date, is because I wanted to be able to play XPW from the beginning. So naturally, what I've started working on is XPW.

The promotion itself is in the game, and I'm now working on adding everybody that ever worked for them. At last count, I've got 175 different workers that need to be included.

There are a couple of reasons why I have started this thread. The first is to let everyone know that it is coming, and to keep progress updates for anyone interested.

The second reason, is that TEW mods are daunting tasks, and to make the game world as complete as possible, I was hoping to include some other people in the making of this mod. What I'm going to do is let people know what I need help with, and go from there.

After I get the XPW workers all included, I'm going to make up worker lists for other promotions and see if anyone wants to work on those.

So the first thing that I am looking for help with is, just anybody who knows XPW well enough to give some input. There are a bunch of guys that are extremely hard to find information on, so if anyone wants to help out with XPW, just let me know.

• Like 1

It would be lightyears easier and more efficient to seek out one of the guys from the GDS boards and ask to use their mod as a base. There are Jan and December 97 mods as well as a 2000 one. I imagine one of those would make it easier to get started

It would be lightyears easier and more efficient to seek out one of the guys from the GDS boards and ask to use their mod as a base. There are Jan and December 97 mods as well as a 2000 one. I imagine one of those would make it easier to get started

I've already done that, and have permission to use a mod as a base.

The problem is, I don't want to just do a straight import of everything, because there is so much that's off, and it's incredibly lazy to do so. So I am importing workers and adjusting stats, adding alter-egos and what not.

Because of the depth of the game, trying to play TEW 13 is an exercise in finding statistical errors throughout the game. I can't count the amount of times I've tried to run a deathmatch in the game I'm playing, only to have well known (and almost exclusive) death match workers turn me down because it's too violent. Also, no mod has ever really been perfect in terms of making sure that workers are there, especially for the smaller promotions.

The goal here, is to make the mod as accurate as possible, and not just to import someone else's work and make it 1999 aesthetically.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update here.

I'm sitting at 27 workers currently, and have begun adding workers to my "To Do List" from the history of All Pro Wrestling.

Once I hit 100 workers, I will release the first Beta version, to get feedback from the community. The only thing I can guarantee is that XPW will be playable from the beginning in the Beta. The initial XPW roster is in and contracted to the promotion. I will make sure that there are enough refs and backstage workers to run the game, and I'm hoping to manually add in all of the venues which the promotion has run.

As for right now, I'm going to throw up a list of guys I need help creating, or need some solid info on. If you want to create the workers and contribute, that would be fantastic. Otherwise, what I really need is the biographical stuff. The statistical side of things can be handled with internet videos and whatnot if I'm unfamiliar with their ring-work.

The list:

Dante

Jerome Robinson

Joey Dynamite

Piloto Suicida

Raphael Muhammed

Rising Son

Shooting Star

Steve Pain

Timothy Thatcher

Ultra Taro Jr

• 3 weeks later...

The first Beta version is up. Link is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wh60gwsp0q7y6dm/July+99+Beta+1.rar

There are 100 workers, with 1 user character as well. It's playable, but it's only really so that I can get feedback and stats and the such from the community.

So please post feedback so that I can address it going forward.

Also, if anyone is interested, I am now going to accept help from people, now that there is a base to work off of. What I'm looking for, is for people who want to get their favorite promotions in the game. Let me know which promotion you're interested in, and what I'll do is compile a list of the workers that we'll need for you. I want to do it this way, to avoid too many duplicates throughout the process, as I am keeping a spreadsheet of everything that's being added.

Enjoy.