NHL '17

Draevyn

5 minutes ago, Meacon said:

A guy at work was saying something about they have to be at least 20 or 21 to play in the AHL? Does that sound right? If so, then I guess I have to either retain the rights to the 18 and 19 year olds or sign them to the NHL roster, which I'd really rather not do. 

A player must be 20 years old to play in the AHL if they are drafted out of the CHL. If they sign from Europe, then they can play in the AHL at 18. Not sure if any of this is actually in the video game, though.

• Like 1

In previous years, you'd be able to retain the rights of younger players if they weren't old enough for your AHL team or good enough for a look on your NHL squad. I haven't played any GM mode in 17 because the menus and layout have made it impossible for me to read a lot of what's on the screen on a 42 inch television. So I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't be able to play GM in NHL until I upgrade the size of my television.