3. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
4. Avengers: Infinity War
5. Creed II
6. Black Panther
7. Sicario: Day of the Soldado
8. Game Night
9. Widows
10. BlacKkKlansman

I wanted to get a list submitted but some adjustments may be made before the deadline if I can squeeze a couple more movies in. 

Edited by livid

I assume you'll be giving warning ahead of the voting window SLAMMING shut. Still a couple of things I'd quite like to watch that I've got recently before doing my top ten.

Should expand it to be a full bloody awards. Get best performances and that in there or something. Maybe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey all. So, like I said in one of the General threads, I had basically tallied up all of this and then somehow lost it all, so between that and a pretty busy summer of work I pretty much threw my hands up in exasperation and never got back to it. But ever-so-luckily, my work suddenly doesn't have much more me so I used that spare time to recount everything! It's funderemployment!

But I don't think a list that I didn't finish counting for half a year deserves a big dramatic rollout, who wants that, so behind the cut are EWB's Top 23 Movies of 2018:

Spoiler

22 (tie). Game Night (10 points, appeared on two ballots)

22 (tie). Creed 2 (10 points, appeared on two ballots)

19 (tie). Ant-Man and the Wasp (11 points, appeared on two ballots)

19 (tie). Ralph Breaks the Internet (11 points, appeared on two ballots)

19 (tie). Eighth Grade (11 points, appeared on two ballots)

18. A Star is born (11 points, appeared on four ballots)

17. Widows (12 points, appeared on two ballots)

16. Hereditary (13 points, appeared on three ballots)

15. Cold War (15 points, appeared on two ballots)

14. Ready Player One (18 points, appeared on three ballots)

13. Bad Times at the El Royale (19 points, appeared on three ballots)

12. Deadpool 2 (20 points, appeared on three ballots)

10 (tie). You Were Never Really Here (20 points, appeared on four ballots)

10 (tie). Roma (20 points, appeared on four ballots)

9. Annihilation (23 points, appeared on four ballots)

8. If Beale Street Could Talk (29 points, appeared on four ballots)

6 (tie). The Incredibles 2 (30 points, appeared on four ballots)

6 (tie). Sorry to Bother You (30 points, appeared on four ballots)

5. BlacKkKlansman (42 points, appeared on eight ballots)

4. The Favourite  (45 points, appeared on five ballots)

3. Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (58 points, appeared on ten ballots)

2. Black Panther (69 points, appeared on nine ballots)

1. Avengers: Infinity War (69 points, appeared on ten ballots)

Apologies again for the massive delay, and thanks to the folks that voted. I'll probably step down from running these going forward but wholeheartedly encourage someone else to take up the mantle, and I'll probably run an EWB's Favorite Movie of the 2010s early next year as a means of putting a bow on my era of running movie lists.

But before that, I'm not stepping down from running EWB's Favorite TV Show, and ballots for that will open up tomorrow.

• Like 1

That's a great list. Forgot how good 2018 was for film.

2019 has a few very, very, very special highs, and then not much else that's just in the fun enjoyment side of things. By comparison, there's maybe only 10 or so movies this year I'd love to go back and revisit, while almost every movie on that 2018 list I would love to rewatch almost anytime. 

Saying that, I would gladly take over the end of year list for film if GoGo would allow it. 

• Like 1

You got it.

Right now my top six or seven from this year I'm very strong on and then it gets a lot weaker. I think the movie on the bubble right now of my top ten is either Ready or Not (a fun, well-designed horror comedy but not a movie I'm going to want to go back to) or Far From Home (an enjoyable Marvel movie but nothing really special). Hopefully I can get out and see some good stuff soon but now that it actually costs me money to go to the movie theater I'm a little less adventurous :P

I just realized maybe I'm a little sour on 2019 because I've only watched about 40 movies this year, and two of those movies are about the stupid Frye Festival :shifty:

My top films are Disney-heavy (no surprise), and I'm thinking that Rise of Skywalker is going to be somewhere there as well.