Soft Justice Wrestling

Xero Gravity

MMM... Soft Justice

Backstory is really good. The touches you added to C-MIL's idea made it so much better. Gonna read the first show now (Y)

PS: My favourite wrestler is teh haxx0rz :P Also, I think it would have been better had you written downthe ages of the kids.

Sophie, where are you?

What was that?

Oh crap...

Who...

Pathetic ruse, seeing as I knew who it was. I've really got to stop getting myself into positions where I have to cover my ass with quick thinking.

What are you doing here Joey?

Well someone had to come check on you, since Sophie's gone missing.

WHAT?!

I should have learned by now that quick movments hurt like a bitch. The chuckling didn't make things any better either.

Hehe...did I say missing? I guess that wasn't the best wording to use. Although we haven't actually seen her since yesterday. She came storming into the rec center muttering something. I could only make out "Adam" and "Bastard" though. You two had a lovers tiff?

Oh just fuck off...

For the first time in over a month, that cocky aura surrounding Joey disappeared. He'd spent the entire time making slight comments and knowing looks, all to keep himself amused. But there was something different in his eyes now.

Jesus, you really do...

What do you want from me dammit?! You want me to admit it? Will it give you some sick satisfaction to see me squirm just a little bit more? Okay, I admit it! I love her! Is that what you wanted to hear?!

I...I didn't...

What the fuck do you know anyway? You're just a kid...

Great, there's two people I've managed to piss off in two days. By this rate I'll be back to my lonely, bitter self in no time. Agrily, he pulls a sheet of paper out of his pocket and throws it at me before leaving much like Sophie did the night before.

I'm such a prick...

It takes me a good ten minutes to muster up the courage to read what's on the paper. I'd hoped it would be in Sophie's handwriting, but I knew she'd probably want to have nothing to do with me or SJW anymore.

You're a prick for what you did Adam, but a job's a job so I have to lend a hand now Sophie's not around.

Despite making over $300,000 after the first show, we're spending more than that. In fact we lost over $77,000 in the end thanks to costs. Sophie's loan isn't going to last much longer this way, so you better find a way to lessen the damage and fast. Deranged told me to tell you that he's increasing his demands too, after your incident. He feels unsafe, and thinks that he should be payed more if there's a chance he could get hurt too.

Thanks to Sophie's advertising ideas, we've grown slightly more popular than we were at the beginning of September. Wrestling Observer pegged us as a Small promotion at around 30% in image level. As of this morning, we've jumped up a little to roughly 39%.

Also according to the Observer, they mentioned how several promotions are forcing to cut back on the amount of dates they run. SHIMMER, NWA:PWX, and WXW have all made changes due to constantly losing money. This is bad news for us, as they all now sit in our path should we continue to grow.

I still may think you're a piece of shit for what you did, but I still hope you get better.

Vanessa.

Ah, I love this kind of diary... kickass backstory, lots of weird and interesting gimmicks, and an engaging storyline going on outside the ring. And it's nice to see John Walters get his due for a change. Of course he'll probably be jobbing to the teenage prima donna any day now, but...

OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhh, the drama. Hey, just think, maybe you'll get those FUSE fans, seeing as he's not exactly writing right now. Anyway, I'm still liking this. Did Overlord just call me a Prima-Donna? Adam needs to keep his secrets. Secrets are good.

Guest DanielTheDestroyer

im going to keep this short and sweet, great backstory, very detailed. Unique storyline, i am a FUSE reader but i dont post often buti probablky will on here, i like Teh Haxx0r cause he just freaking rules. I like iggy also and i have a sneaky suspisionthat the Joey character may have creative control in EWR but hey lets see what happens...

p.s. teh Haxx0r FOR PRESIDENT!

As soon as I saw C-Mil post the idea in the thread formerly known as the No Vault Essa Spin Place Zone, I figured any good writer would be able to do a good job of this. Then Xero takes the idea? I knew it would be great.

The first show was good stuff, and I loved the backstory. I'll be interested in seeing how Adam wins Sophie's heart in the end, and how long it takes Joey to become champion. Long live Teh Mad HaXX0r :shifty:

Me likie.

The backstory was much different to your 'typical' backyard/small indy fare, and you've done very well with C-MIL's idea and made it into something unique, as of course you always tend to with the Adam/Joey characters, they're always a highlight of Xero/Enforcer diaries and give everything you both do a nice running thread.

The gimmicks are intentionally crappy, and it could still bomb big time, but the recap style and the tie-in-named finishing maneuvers, plus the fact that they're all like, 13, makes it all work in the short run at least. Nice to see guys like Deranged and Walters getting their due too, as Overlord said.

Very much enjoyed the show, the right people went over etc, but of course the backstage stuff is far more important in this sort of diary, and you've got a very good seam of stuff going there with Sophie's walkout and everybody hating you now. Yipee ki-yay for that.

Overall, a really good start Xero, obviously I can't really rate it 'til I've seen more, but this one could be a very enjoyable diary indeed.

And I'm not even a FUSE bandwagon-jumper!

Three days feels like a long time when you're lying alone in a hospital bed. Joey would prove to be my last visitor before I was released. The lump on my head, the cracked ribs, and a punctured lung were the last things on my mind as I stood facing the exit to the hospital. Every so often the doors would slide open and I'd be hit in the face with a blast of cold autumn air. I didn't want to leave. While I was still here, the inevitability of facing up to my mistakes simply didn't exist. But the long I stood there, the worse the sick feeling swirling in my gut became. No time to head home, there was only one place I needed to go.

----------

What's with me and doors?

I'd slowly crept up to the rec center, trying to conceal my arrival for as long as I could. But still I stood at the door much like I did at the hospital. I knew what was coming. Disappointed stares from a bunch of people I'd only known for a month. Their perception of me shattered the moment my deception was revealed. I was nothing more than a lying scumbag to them. I could have handled all the hate they had to throw at me...

...but not without Sophie's smile to keep me going.

I knew the chances of me seeing her again were practically nonexistant. It was just me against the mess my actions had made. I took a deep breath, accepting the stabbing pain in my chest, and pushed the door open. Immediately I wished I hadn't bothered. Frozen on the spot, I had to endure the angered gaze of the collective group trying to carry on in my absensce. One by one they returned to what they were doing, leaving me to suffle into the side office.

How the hell am I gonna do this?

I hadn't thought about it at all. There was no way we could effectively carry on if I was shut out by everyone else. But for now I had to try. Switching my laptop computer on, I tried to take my mind of things by checking out what I'd missed over the past three days.

IPB Image

Two More Promotions Hit By Troubles

The beginning of October hasn't been a good one for regional wrestling in both the US and Canada. Already we've seen SHIMMER, NWA: Pro Wrestling Express, and World Xtreme Wrestling cutting back on their number of shows. Over the past few days, another three promotions have been forced to join them in downsizing. Chaotic Wrestling was the first, followed by the Canadian duo of Stampede Wrestling and Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling. Despite the overall good state the wrestling industry is in at the moment, smaller promotions are finding it tough to remain financially healthy. There are at least another four promotions operating on a regional level, that are drawing close to the point where they will be forced to cut back. In light of the troubles they face, several more stable promotions are looking to take advantage and bloster their rosters while the opposition is in a weakened state.

It was pretty quiet after I returned from Vinnie's. After all that's happened, how could I possibly tell them that I handed over half of SJW to a gangster? There was no way I could, as long as the money kept flowing into his pocket he would stay off my back. I didn't get any angered looks upon my return, so I assumed Vanessa had relayed my concerns over trying to put everything behind us for the good of SJW's continued growth. The first thing that hit me, were the two new faces sitting in the group. I'd never seen them before, and it'd be pretty hard to miss them. One was decked from head to toe in a bizarre mix of random wrestling merchandise. The other...well the other just looked weird. Spiked up bright blonde hair, wearing a dragonball Z t-shirt. Cautiously I approached them, and looked at Vanessa in a state of confusion.

Adam, I'd like you to meet the two newest members of our roster. This is Mike...

The wresting obsessive shook my hand, and had quite the grip for a fourteen year old.

...and this is Jonathan...

I was a little more wary of greeting him.

Hi! I love Dragonball Z, do you love Dragonball Z? Goku is my hero, he's much better than that Vegeta loser. Can I jump in the ring now?

Uhhh...sure, knock yourself out.

Part of me meant that literally.

Both of them need to be put on the next show, so you should think about that before you finalise it. Speaking of which, have you actually come up with anything yet?

Yeah, don't worry about it. It just needs a few final touches before it's finished. I want it to coincide with launching SJW's website. Nothing fancy, but I think it'll be a nice thing to have a round for when we get a little bigger.

Whatever, just make sure it doesn't eat into the time you should be spending doing more constructive things.

I wondered just how much of this I'd have to endure before things got back to normal. Without giving a response I simply went back to the office, and started working on the website. It wasn't anything special for now, just a simple fifteen minute job. But at least I now had a place to put the card for the next show.

IPB Image

SJW Heavyweight Title Match

John Walters© Vs. Dearanged

Having won the SJW Heavyweight Title last month, "Hurricane" John Walters faces his first test as champion. Deranged left the match as the man not pinned, earning the first shot at the gold ahead of Izzy. The clash of styles shown during last month's main event is sure to show itself again in this encounter. One thing is for sure, and that is there will be a winner. Izzy will not be in attendance to witness the match

"The Chosen One" Joey Sinclair Vs. Al A. Kazam

Having ran straight through GVTFO Ranger, Joey finds himself face to face with the worlds most incompetent magician. Al A. Kazam was also victorious having beaten Teh Mad Haxx0r, gaining a small measure of revenge in the process. Two competitors currently on one match winning streaks. Only one can leave with their record in tact. Will Kazam prove himself to be more than a bumbling fool, or will Joey add another victim to his list courtesy of the Whole Damn Show?

Sir Eric, The White Knight Vs. Teh Mad Haxx0r

Two men coming off a loss, determined to get back on the winning track as quickly as possible. Sir Eric's chivalrous nature proved to be his downfall as he was suckered into an attack by "Not So Nice" Guy Angelo. Haxx0r has already proven he's no stranger to being underhanded, after interrupting Al A. Kazam's performance last month.

GVTFO Ranger Vs. Baxter Basics

Basics wasn't too happy about T Jizzle being responsible for losing their tag team match last month. In an effort to redeem himself, he challenged GVTFO Ranger to a match. While Baxter may see this as a simple victory waiting to be picked up, Ranger has different ideas. He gladly accepted, promising to destroy the boring evil energy in a hail poorly executed kung-fu and cheap sparks.

Cap'n Bloodbeard Vs. Deacon Night

Tag team partners last month, opponents this month. Bloodbeard requested a match with Deacon, after the latter was of little use during their tag team match. The feisty pirate still managed to win the match by himself, as his partner was more occupied with trying to slit his own wrists.

Special Dark Match

The Ultimate Mark Vs. Super Saiyan J

The two newest additions to the SJW roster battle it out before the main show. Who will come out on top in the battle between the worlds biggest mark, and the most powerful Saiyan in existance.

Edited by Xero Gravity

Excellent job bringing this to life. I'm glad you bypassed the eventual "community service is over, leave or stay?" dilemma by selling out to the bookie. Hopefully, that's a sign that SJW will be around for a good while.

I know I don't have any say in the booking process, but I'm going to pretend I do. The White Knight gets a mega-push to the belt via a feud with Baxter Basics. It happens.

Sophie's disappearance and stripper sister thing are really the only points I found myself not enjoying. Vanessa strikes me as much more intelligent and kind-hearted than any stripper. Of course, when she seduces Adam, cuffs him to the bed then makes off with the company money...

Slap Predictions

Walters over Deranged - I don't think you give him the belt just to take it back.

Sinclair over Kazam - Joey appears to be the first rec center kid to move up to nameless, faceless, skilled indy guy level.

Sir Guy over Haxxor - I love the Knight and despise the 'net geek. Go figure.

Basics over Ranger - I'm a Baxter mark too. Again, go figure.

Bloodbeard over Deacon - Just a guess really.

Saiyan J over Ultimate Mark - I'll scrap this pred entirely if UM is capable of Warrioresque promos.

Anyway, best of luck with the future of this one. It's already much more than I ever imagined it could be.

Bring on the outraged parents!

-Too short of a reign

"The Chosen One" Joey Sinclair Vs Al A. Kazam

-Major player in this diary.

Sir Guy, The White Knight Vs Teh Mad Haxx0r

-All this Haxx0r love is gonna get him a push.

-Ranger got squashed.... Basics well....didn't.....

-Pirate>Emo kid.

Special Dark Match

-My guy pwnz.

Wouldn't lose the title that fast..or would he? :w00t:

He was pretty good last week so yeah..

This guy > Everyone else

Ranger got Owned so..I choose Baxter

Pirates in Wrestling are 'lik teh pwnage'

Special Dark Match

This guys Owns

John Walters© Vs. Dearanged-Probably won't drop the title again.

"The Chosen One" Joey Sinclair Vs Al A. Kazam-He seems to be your "star".

Sir Guy, The White Knight Vs Teh Mad Haxx0r-Haxx0r must be destined for greatness.

GVTFO Ranger Vs. Baxter Basics-Pure guess.

Cap'n Bloodbeard Vs. Deacon Night-Who likes an emo kid?

Special Dark Match

The Ultimate Mark Vs. Super Saiyan J-I figure a mark would probably be better in the ring than a DBZ fanboy...maybe...

Is there a prize for this round of predictions, or is this just for fun?

Edited by HeartlineTwist

John Walters© Vs. Deranged - I'm thinking a swerve here and you'll switch the title after one month.

"The Chosen One" Joey Sinclair Vs Al A. Kazam - Joey couldn't lose.

Sir Guy, The White Knight Vs Teh Mad Haxx0r - He's a cult favourite, he has to go over.

GVTFO Ranger Vs. Baxter Basics - Basics is a bit of a jobber, methinks.

Cap'n Bloodbeard Vs. Deacon Night - I don't think Night will be in the right mind-set to win this match.

Special Dark Match

The Ultimate Mark Vs. Super Saiyan J - Because apparently he's the most powerful Super Saiyan in the world.

John Walters© Vs. Deranged

Don't see him losing the title already

He's destined for greatness, he is

lol, HaXX0r r0x0rz my s0x0rz

This one could go either way though

Maths lesson: Pirates > Emos

Special Dark Match

Dragonball doesn't make the world work

This is the only thing to ever draw me into the Diary Dome.

My predictions.

It is uncommon for a champion to lose his title this early in a reign.

It's great that you are showing the effect that backstage politics can have on your promotion. Joey will get the win.

What an awesome gimmick! I hope you push him to the main event but make sure he doesn't ditch the internet slang on his way.

This could go either way with nothing else influencing the match but I like the ranger gimmick alot.

Go emo kid!

Lol, what a cool gimmick.

Guest Titocoolace

Diaries that show a character constantly getting deeper and deeper into the hole are my absolute favorites, because it's just a morbid thrill to see how low they'll go. Excellent backstory, story development, and first show.

"The Chosen One" Joey Sinclair Vs. Al A. Kazam

Sir Eric, The White Knight Vs. Teh Mad Haxx0r

Special Dark Match

Edited by Titocoolace