Sign in to follow this  
Ruki

The Anime Thread

Ruki    3,445

Yay! The person I wanted to win, won! Although, it was sorta obvious by episode 3 or 4. But the finale is next week, so we get to see the wish. 

Ruki    3,445

Oh shit! It's getting hype for Food Wars!

Yukihira vs the first seat!!!!!

Cajun Cloudad    16,533

Speaking of Food Wars.. was this week's episode the season finale? 

Ruki    3,445
17 hours ago, WOKEN Cloudy said:

Speaking of Food Wars.. was this week's episode the season finale? 

There's no way that's the finale. If anything, I imagine they're taking a week or two off for the holidays. 

Cajun Cloudad    16,533
4 hours ago, Ruki said:

There's no way that's the finale. If anything, I imagine they're taking a week or two off for the holidays. 

If by a week or two you mean a few months, yes. :shifty:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-15/food-wars-the-third-plate-anime-2nd-half-premieres-in-april-with-totsuki-train-arc/.125360

Ruki    3,445

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

=BK=    8,979

I may not like the Mineta style jokes but I love the joke of the teacher accidentally elbowing the invisible girl in the chest.

"I would never!-You're a student!-I RESPECT WOMEN!"

• Like 1

Ruki    3,445
16 hours ago, WOKEN Cloudy said:

I just realized, I'm a week behind because I use a free crunchyroll account. I was going to be pissed if I had to wait a few months for the follow up to that. 

OctoberRavenO    4,088

Finished Kakegurui. Crazy ride.

Best part was the twist in Episode 11 though...

Spoiler

IT WAS ME JABAMI! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

=BK=    8,979

So I was watching this amazing video

And at 13:47 she starts something I know that I know but can't remember anything about. Help. This is here because I'm pretty sure it's from an anime. My mind wants to put a scream-crying voice over it. I originally wanted to say it's from Clannad but I just sampled the soundtrack and didn't find it.

EDIT

HA! I found it now!

• Like 1

Benji    42,130

I get why people rag on DBGT now. I just finished the Baby saga and it is absolute gash, and that's meant to be the good part of it. Oh well, 24 more episodes and I can finally get around to Super.

=BK=    8,979

I actually like a lot of the Baby Saga. Character designs were a bit shit though.

Benji    42,130

Super 17 Saga was okay, but a bit too brief, especially the Cell/Frieza stuff. Two of Goku's greatest enemies and they get a joke of a trio of episodes.

Benji    42,130

And I'm done. It was okay. Good enough that I didn't hate it, but bad enough that I'm glad it isn't canon any longer. Glad Vegeta finally got some proper screen time by the end, the supporting cast in general was absurdly missing for the bulk of it (and Trunks for all intents and purposes may as well have been another totally unrelated character). I know Goku is the star, but it'd be like writing Superman without including any of his allies - super or not. I did like their use of Pan though, I hope she is similar in Super. Para Brothers were great tho.

=BK=    8,979

Yeah, I really like Pan and hope they keep her the same when she grows up in Super.

Cajun Cloudad    16,533

Now that Food Wars is on break until April I need to find another anime to watch. What's the spring lineup looking like? @damshow I usually rely on you for this..

• Like 2

Ruki    3,445
4 hours ago, WOKEN Cloudy said:

Now that Food Wars is on break until April I need to find another anime to watch. What's the spring lineup looking like? @damshow I usually rely on you for this..

Yeah @damshow! I need a new anime to watch! I was only watching two this season....one is done and the other is Food Wars.

I COULD go through my Crunchyroll queue....but...ehh...

damsher hatfield    9,082

So this past Fall season had a solid lineup of shows. Ancient Magus' Bride is still ongoing, beyond that Land of the Lustrous and Girls' Last Tour were both great (especially Land of the Lustrous). The latter 2 are both on Anime Strike and I'm not 100% sure if either are over on HiDive. For Crunchyroll shows there's Recovery of an MMO Junkie which looked like your rote light novel isekai but is far from it. There's not a huge lineup of new and good shows in January, but then once April hits there's a ton (More My Hero Academia! More Food Wars! More Full Metal Panic! New Legend of the Galactic Heroes! New Captain Tsubasa! An alternative ending to Steins;Gate! Golden Kamuy! And, of course, Butt Detective!). Of the January shows Violet Evergarden is the big "must watch" show based on early hype. It's been acquired by Netflix BUT it sounds like they might be experimenting with actually simulcasting it. Details are still sketchy. Darling in the Franxx is another show starting in 2 weeks that I have my eye on. And of course we're finally getting the Pop Team Epic anime which will batshit funny comedy.

Oh, speaking of Netflix if y'all haven't watched Little Witch Academia go do that. Also, wait eagerly with me for Kakegurui to show up on Netflix.

Also, @WOKEN Cloudy I haven't gotten around to watching either but I wager Tuskigakirei and Just Because would both be up your alley. 

Also if either of you guys haven't watch Umaru you could do that. Season 1 aired in 2015 and season 2 just finished last week.

Overall 2017 was a really good year for anime and I am woefully behind on a lot of it. In part because I've been reading so much manga this past year, and I recommend for manga reading Golden Kamuy and Delicious in Dungeon.

Most importantly I highly suggest checking out Anime News Network's year in review lists, a lot of people I follow on Twitter and get most of my recommendations and knowledge from will be contributing to that.

Sorry for the long post, but I was summoned.

• Like 2

Ruki    3,445

I watched the first few episodes of Umaru (fantastic opening theme), but I couldn't get into it. The main character was just too bratty for my liking.

11 hours ago, Ruki said:

I watched the first few episodes of Umaru (fantastic opening theme), but I couldn't get into it. The main character was just too bratty for my liking.

Yeah she's basically like that throughout. If you didn't like the first ep you won't like the rest.

=BK=    8,979

=BK=    8,979

Elfen Lied(manga) is.... something. I like some of the idea but the driving logic behind the way the world works doesn't make sense untill the double twist at the end.

Spoiler

Through the entire thing we're told these Diclonius  are just violent and murderous by nature when we're shown that's not true by the girls we meet and how the violent ones have been fucking tortured into being that way. We're told that they'll replace humanity through infection but we're really not told why that's an issue until near the end either. They're basically humans themselves just with extra arms and some horns. It's not like Xenomorphs are taking human babies places. The  Diclonius are perfectly capable to participate in human society after a certain age if they're not treated like animals. The doctor near the start showing he has horns because of his family line interbreeding with humans and not revealing the full Diclonius breeding habits till later on makes the whole "They'll replace us!"  fear look stupid until the very end when Lucy reveals that the doctor and the organization leader aren't Diclonius but are just mutated humans and that all Diclonius are female and unable to breed themselves outside of Lucy. The entire manga gives you story that these characters motivations are just nonsense and completely unjustified until the very end where it dumps the needed two extra lines into your lap. It's not there were holes in the logic that were left open to be filled later, you were just presented with a world of dumb, nonsensical military people and doctors then "reasons" got crowbard in to retroactively AT THE END to make it logical. I spent nearly my entire time in this world being distracted by the nonsense logic and fixing it at the end doesn't go back and make me less distracted.

I'm finding it hard how exactly to put in words how this thing was handled by I think that's the best I could do.

=BK=    8,979

Rereading the Evangelion manga because I want to put my brain through hell. Two things so far.

IMG_20180108_050253_080.JPG

"You lie like a mattress!" Is genius

Screenshot_20180108-031121.png

Does this look fucked to anyone else? It's like Misato's bent her back a bit to pop her butt out and then her body just got twisted around under her boobs like some Silent Hill abomination.

As someone who spent a large portion of middle school with Misato on his binder I can tell you that a lot of drawings of her look close to that. But that one takes it to the EXTREME~!

• Haha 1

LittleDaniel    6,117

We got crunchyroll because Joey used to be really into anime.  So far I love Yuri on Ice and Recovery of an MMO Junkie.  What else y'all recommend?  Especially along those lines, I don't really care for actiony things.