The Anime Thread

Ruki

Dangan Ropan is good, guys.

Did anyone else watch it!?

And it looks like Attack on Titan has a stupid recap week.

I'll throw it onto my pile with Blood Lad and the second season of Kingdom. Also need to give Attack on Titan a watch too.

EDIT: Danganronpa is rather interesting. It has a creepy feel to it and I can see it getting quite dark down the line (even though the first episode goes from "wow, this is weird" to "HOLY SHIT, THAT'S FUCKED UP!" in about two minutes), but I enjoyed the first episode. Blood Lad is probably what you expect. It's your typical anime comedy that reminds me a lot of Soul Eater without all of the action. It made me laugh a few times, but I need to see a few more episodes to figure out whether I'm going to stick with it or not.

Thoroughly enjoyed the first episode of Attack on Titan though. I'm about to catch up on that right now.

Dangan Ropan, Episode 2 Thoughts:

I was almost certain the fat guy was going to die first :shifty: . Oh well. Also surprised about the death of both the idols; the first one seemed really built up as the love interest for the main character...did not see that coming.

So...I think I've just witnessed the most tragic thing in anime. If you haven't seen Major, don't click the spoiler box...

A widowed father makes his return to Japan's pro after going from pitcher to batter, and does well, and his kid loves him to death. He's going to marry the kid's nursery school teacher, too.

So......this one team signs a badass pitcher from the US, and after the dad makes an ass of this pitcher, he beans him with a 99 MPH fastball. The dad's fine...at first .

And now he's dead the next day. And the kid just discovered it. :(

Just watched the first episode of Hyperdimension Neptunia...and I don't know how I feel about it. Interesting concept (it's why I've wanted to try out the games), but it came off as very cutisy/fanservice-y. Like...super fanservice-y.

Finally started watching Samurai 7. Liking it so far. Kikuchiyo is awesome.

Dangan Ropan, Episode 2 Thoughts:

I was almost certain the fat guy was going to die first :shifty: . Oh well. Also surprised about the death of both the idols; the first one seemed really built up as the love interest for the main character...did not see that coming.

While I didn't expect her to die first, I am not surprised. She was off from the middle of episode two, and all of this one...plus, we need a reason for the main character to get personally invested (friend dying AND being made the suspect).

Here are my top three on who did it:

1. The girl with the glasses and purple hair, who freaked out over the blood.

2. The fat guy with the stupid haircut.

3. The last person to show up to breakfast.

I am loving this show. It has great animation, great music, and to top it off...a great Battle Royale-esq mystery!

I know "Dangan" means Bullet, and the only translation I can find for "Ronpa" is "Refutation" so it's probably just going to be called Dangan Ronpa if it ever gets localized because "Bullet Refutation" doesn't sound as cool.

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 1

According to wikipedia: Bullet Rebuttal: Academy of Hope and High School Students of Despair

That's too long. Dangan Ronpa it is!

But seriously, watch it. WATCH IT HARD.

Also, does anyone know if the visual novel spoils the anime? Because I kinda really wanna play it

• Like 1

Also, does anyone know if the visual novel spoils the anime? Because I kinda really wanna play it

Yes.

That's why....I know something(s) you don't know.

So...Attack On Titan....that chick is super into titans.

No doubt. I enjoyed those scenes though. It's like how I imagine shark enthusiasts feel when they go down into the sea inside a cage and shark attempts to kill them dead.

New Dangan Ronpa was pretty intense though.

I was completely caught off guard by the baseball guy being the murderer. I thought it was the chick who kept blindly thinking it was Naegi the whole time.