Pro Wrestling Nexus: Complete

GLRaven

I am pleased to announce that I am finally finished with my wrestling simulation game and it is available to download on my website.

http://geocities.com/exeventgames/index.html

If the site goes down from too much traffic, you can download it directly here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/94366569/bf08b856/PWNC.html

If you guys have any problems with the game, please post them on the Exevent Games forums.

http://s15.invisionfree.com/exeventgames/index.php

Thanks, and enjoy.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say the presentation is fantastic, it looks very, very good and you've clearly gone to a lot of work at making it look the part.

The problem is, there's not much 'playing' to do. I mean, if it was more in the vein of Wrestling Spirit where you got to choose the moves and actually wrestle the match there'd probably be a lot more to do in it. Essentially, it's just a 'pick two guys and the computer does everything else'.

I must say the presentation is fantastic, it looks very, very good and you've clearly gone to a lot of work at making it look the part.

The problem is, there's not much 'playing' to do. I mean, if it was more in the vein of Wrestling Spirit where you got to choose the moves and actually wrestle the match there'd probably be a lot more to do in it. Essentially, it's just a 'pick two guys and the computer does everything else'.

Yeah, as I stated on my site, it's basically a computer version of an old card game that I created in 1998. It's a booking sim of sorts. As for more interactive games, those are coming. I just wanted to remake this old game first before I started working on some of the other ideas that I had.

Whether you liked it or not, thanks for taking a look, guys.

I was hoping for something more in the vein of a free TEW like game :/. Not that it doesnt look good, because it does, and you're probably the first person Ive ever seen create a topic about a self made wrestling sim, and actually give people a game to play instead of hyping it for months before dropping the project.

Think it could be a great starting point for future tweaking and whatnot, though.

I like it. The presentation is excellent, the roster is fairly extensive and it plays out reasonably well. On the whole a very well made Wrestling Simulator. Sure it doesn't have a lot of depth but it's good for what it is a wrestling simulator. Congratulations on a well made project, I look forward to seeing any of your future works. KUTGW.

Have downloaded this now, and due to being old and boring I have to iron some bits 'n' pieces for work tomorrow, but will give it a run though tomorrow evening and let you know what I think.

From the above comments though I'm quite looking forward to seeing what its like.

Well, I'll be. I never thought I would see something like this ever pop up again, I used to be a regular back at PWSE back in the day.. y'know.

But anyways.. I am surprised, quite so considering the amount of people that come around saying they're going to make something that will "beat EWR" and here it is, the first that I have heard of it. You've built something that is professional looking, easy to play and I would dare to say.. a base for something even better. If you have ANY inclination to use this as a base for an EWR like simulation using the years and years of flaw reporting in the EWR system... I would certainly like to see what comes out of it. I've been yearning for something that is newer, fixed up but not exactly as complicated as the TEW series.

You certainly have the skill, great fun!

Well, I'll be. I never thought I would see something like this ever pop up again, I used to be a regular back at PWSE back in the day.. y'know.

But anyways.. I am surprised, quite so considering the amount of people that come around saying they're going to make something that will "beat EWR" and here it is, the first that I have heard of it. You've built something that is professional looking, easy to play and I would dare to say.. a base for something even better. If you have ANY inclination to use this as a base for an EWR like simulation using the years and years of flaw reporting in the EWR system... I would certainly like to see what comes out of it. I've been yearning for something that is newer, fixed up but not exactly as complicated as the TEW series.

You certainly have the skill, great fun!

Yeah, I used to hang around PWSE back in the day as well. I too prefer the old EWR over TEW, not because it's free, but because it is more simple and to the point, but at the same time could use improving. A promoter sim like EWR is definitely something that I would like to take a stab at down the road, but I am just going to take everything one step at a time. ;)

This stuff is really great. Not much of a game, because the player doesn't do much, but as a simulation - perfect!

Also, as everybody else, I think that it looks awesome - professionalism at its best :)

Edited by TheBoss

Through total boredom and a mild addiction for this game, I just ran a huge 32 man tournament. It was good fun. Some real upsets in there (Teddy Hart eliminating CM Punk in round 1, Jack Evans beating Bryan Danielson in round 2, Matt Sydal beating Samoa Joe in the semi-finals), and some good fun matches. It's a great little program that works wonders as a building block, because the amount of ways you could take this project is endless.

Two suggestions after I ran a tournament, bored like Ollie was;

1. Perhaps find some way to ensure the matches go longer, include more moves and have a way to edit move frequency PERHAPS. I know there are limitations and likely for a reason, this is just a want thing really.

2. The name of the move that finished the match on the results screen perhaps?

Ohh, and do you have the template for the picture backgrounds? I wanna add some CHIKARA guys and put their pictures in..

Edited by 'Stunning' Steve Apsham

Two suggestions after I ran a tournament, bored like Ollie was;

1. Perhaps find some way to ensure the matches go longer, include more moves and have a way to edit move frequency PERHAPS. I know there are limitations and likely for a reason, this is just a want thing really.

2. The name of the move that finished the match on the results screen perhaps?

Ohh, and do you have the template for the picture backgrounds? I wanna add some CHIKARA guys and put their pictures in..

I currently don't have it to where you can change the frequency of a move as you said, but the order that the moves are in determine how much they are used. The first move listed for example will be used more than the last move.

Here's the bg...

bg.jpg