The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

The way Edler moves his arm makes it a dirty hit, but otherwise I mostly agree with Gabriel. Too many examples of players putting themselves into vulnerabale positions.

:o you and Plubby agreed on something!

Speaking of fantsy hockey, I have a couple of spots left on a fantasy league that involves myself (Plubby), a work colleague, his friend, Ace, MPH and Slogger.

The draft is being run in 31 hours (keep in mind that this time is to accommodate the majority Australian GMs and will not be shifted). Anyone who wants in - please PM me :)

EDIT: Oh shut up, Quom :P Waitaminute! Don't shut up! Join our fantasy league Quom!

If the second point matters to you, then fair enough - but the first one doesn't matter to us at all. Ace and Slogger and my friend from work only have passing interests (that spike when the new NHL game is released) as their first love is to their respective football codes.

It's not like we have a minimum requirement on hardcoriness like a height restriction at an amusement park.

Also I only saw the Gabriel part because I was on my phone and it cuts things off to fit the screen.

Triple Post, but fuck it. Mike Hope (great name too BTW) wants to bring the NHL to Seattle, according to King5. Oh, and the NBA too, but building an entire arena just to display updates about their lockout would seem like a waste.

Speaking of fantsy hockey, I have a couple of spots left on a fantasy league that involves myself (Plubby), a work colleague, his friend, Ace, MPH and Slogger.

The draft is being run in 31 hours (keep in mind that this time is to accommodate the majority Australian GMs and will not be shifted). Anyone who wants in - please PM me :)

EDIT: Oh shut up, Quom :P Waitaminute! Don't shut up! Join our fantasy league Quom!

What kind of league is this? head to head? points? Snaking draft?

Also, if you can be kind enough to post the time you're responding and the time the draft takes place, that would be awesome. ( I can't seem to view it on this phone right now)

What kind of league is this? head to head? points? Snaking draft?

Also, if you can be kind enough to post the time you're responding and the time the draft takes place, that would be awesome. ( I can't seem to view it on this phone right now)

Looks like Malone escaped the ShanHammer (:shifty:) for his hit on Campoli.

Shanahan: No suspension for Malone

Monday, 10.03.2011 / 2:18 PM / News

NHL.com

NEW YORK -- NHL Senior Vice President of Player Safety and Hockey Operations Brendan Shanahan decided Monday that Tampa Bay Lightning forward Ryan Malone would not be suspended for a hit on Montreal Canadiens defenseman Chris Campoli during the third period of a preseason game Friday night in Quebec City. Shanahan, who has been busy this preseason in his new role, said this decision was his "most difficult to date."

The difficulty was squarely in the fact Malone hit Campoli in the head. But Shanahan's evaluation is after Campoli lost the puck on the play, the Canadiens defenseman lunged in a way that the head became the check's principal point of contact.

“We felt that this hit was the most challenging one so far in this preseason for the Department of Player Safety to evaluate,” said Shanahan. “In the end, we felt that Malone had committed to the hit when Campoli was upright. However, when the contact was made, Campoli's head position significantly changed just prior to the hit.

"There are elements about the hit that we don't like – specifically, the principal point of contact being the head and that it was not a full-body check. But the overriding factor in our judgment was that Campoli's loss of the puck and subsequent bending forward for it just prior contributed significantly, if not entirely, to those elements."

To date, Shanahan has suspended nine players for a total of 31 regular season games.

I was kind of thinking that Campoli had made himself a bit vunerable from that video posted, and I'm glad Shanny was able to see it that way too.

I was really hoping that if we signed Emery, he'd be in the AHL as he didn't look very good in the preseason. Hopefully he doesn't shit the bucket like Turco did last year, as this season is going to be tougher on us without Campbell.

Welp, the more things change, the more they stay the same. I dunno if this is more looking out for your own kind (Shanny for Yzerman), or if it's just that the league likes to turn a blind eye when it comes to Montreal, but that hit was everything that they say they want to take out of the game. I don't see how Clarke MacArthur get's 2 games, and Malone doesn't get any... maybe if Campoli wore a different jersey or Malone played for Nashville we could have expected something.

Disgusted.

Guest mr. potato head

...I'm up for some good Habs-hating as much as the next guy, but Montreal's made the playoffs five of the six post-lockout years and Toronto hasn't made it once. Those shirts should really be reversed.

We're talking about being awful and dislikable - not results. Also Clarke MacArthur managed to take his suspension (Which came against Detroit) without bringing up bias - something Basha has been unable to do.

And this is, of course, in full knowledge of the fact that if it was PK Subban dropping say...Radim Vrbata in that fashion, Basha would be here praising the Shanahammer for not being on Perma-Shanaban mode.

I really don't get how Clarky Mark got suspended while Malone, Edler and Sturm all had harder and more obvious head shots and get away with nothing. Clearly the lesson here is the more you flail around, the better the chance the guy who just hit you will get suspended.

And before I get accussed of bias, I think Edler and Sturm are fine with getting no games but so should have MacArthur and you gotta be consistent in this game. Malone should have gotten 1 or 2 before the Shanabaner came in.

Edited by Clawson