The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

...do you play in a league with incompetents? That's a nice team.

Thanks, I was worried that I hadn't drafted well.

And I won't disclose the deets of the rejected trade, I will say that it was an insult to my intelligence and I took one look at it, laughed and then hit the "reject" button.

Slogger.

No Slogger.

This is about more than hockey, Slogger. This is about heart. This is about love. This is about family, Slogger.

See that, Slogger? See that? I'm Uncle Phil, and you're the other guy. I'm asking you why I can't have Daniel Sedin. You're saying maybe I can, maybe in a little while, then you admit you're scum, and you're content to be scum. Then Will Smith walks in the room. He's Henrik. He's Henrik Sedin Slogger, remember that. He wants to know why Daniel doesn't come around anymore. Why doesn't Daniel play hockey with Henrik anymore? Why doesn't Daniel love Henrik? WHAT THE FUCK DID HENRIK DO TO MAKE DANIEL NOT LOVE HIM? TO HELL WITH DANIEL AND TO HELL WITH EVERYONE MAN. Man how come Daniel don't love him no more?!

This is what you're doing, Slogger.

YOU ARE TEARING A FAMILY TO PIECES.

Well, that sounds like a really good deal. But I got a better one. How about, I give you the finger...

...and, well, that's all I got, but seriously, fuck you.

• Like 1

And I won't disclose the deets of the rejected trade, I will say that it was an insult to my intelligence and I took one look at it, laughed and then hit the "reject" button.

I've noticed quite a few teams here where I've said to myself "What fucktards were filling up this league?" Unless you've gone under 10 teams per league, some of these teams should have never gotten that much star power/high ranked players.

TGWL: There are 8 teams in our league.

Sean: I was actually pretty impressed with that league, for the most part. There was one guy whose draft wasn't as strong as it could have been, but it seems like it ought to be fairly competitive.

Here are some predictions.

Eastern Conference

1. Washington

2. Buffalo

3. Pittsburgh

4. Boston

5. Philadelphia

6. Montreal

7. NY Rangers

8. Florida

---------------

Toronto

Winnipeg

Tampa Bay

Carolina

New Jersey

NY Islanders

Ottawa

Conference Finals

Washington over Pittsburgh

Western Conference

1. Detroit

2. Anaheim

3. Vancouver

4. Los Angeles

5. Chicago

6. San Jose

7. St. Louis

8. Nashville

----------------

Columbus

Colorado

Phoenix

Calgary

Edmonton

Minnesota

Dallas

Conference Finals

Anaheim over Los Angeles

Stanley Cup Finals

Washington over Anaheim

Really, don't the Caps have to win one of these years? Might be biased because I'm a Sabres fan living in Maryland and I'm absolutely tired of hearing people bitch about the Caps. So hopefully they can win and people around here can breathe a little easier.

I wouldn't be. I think they will finish 6-8, but really last season they got pretty lucky with an incredible goalie, I don't think he'll have that kind of year this season. Can Stamkos put up 50 goals again? Not so sure. He had a bad finish last year and if he starts this season out slow, Tampa might struggle to make the playoffs.

Fuck all your predictions, the Leafs are WINNING the playoffs this year :shifty:

Fixed.

Also, just so everyone knows, I'll be the first person in here screaming that the sky is falling should we lose tonight. I'll also be the first person in here planning the parade when we win.

Slogger.

No Slogger.

This is about more than hockey, Slogger. This is about heart. This is about love. This is about family, Slogger.

See that, Slogger? See that? I'm Uncle Phil, and you're the other guy. I'm asking you why I can't have Daniel Sedin. You're saying maybe I can, maybe in a little while, then you admit you're scum, and you're content to be scum. Then Will Smith walks in the room. He's Henrik. He's Henrik Sedin Slogger, remember that. He wants to know why Daniel doesn't come around anymore. Why doesn't Daniel play hockey with Henrik anymore? Why doesn't Daniel love Henrik? WHAT THE FUCK DID HENRIK DO TO MAKE DANIEL NOT LOVE HIM? TO HELL WITH DANIEL AND TO HELL WITH EVERYONE MAN. Man how come Daniel don't love him no more?!

This is what you're doing, Slogger.

YOU ARE TEARING A FAMILY TO PIECES.

Your the one that took Hendrik with the First Overall pick...

and stop sending me offers with a gaggle of crap players + maybe one good guy for Daniel.

I don't care how bad you think my Bench Goalie is.

My god, I missed Don Cherry.

I love the rants.

EDIT: Welcome back Lombardi! 1-0 Leafs! I knew taking Lombardi in my one of my fantasy leagues would work out. 1 goal!

I've changed my mind on Steckel, aswell. I'm definitely glad we got this guy. Killing it on the faceoffs on the PK.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

I think he's like 9/10 on Faceoffs right now. It's great!

But you know who needs to score? Kule and Grabbo. Will help my fantasy pool.

Same, for sure. Kulie's been trying, so hopefully in the third. This 5on3 didn't look too great though.

PHA-NEUF! 2-0 LEAFS!

I love our PK now, and Reimer is playing solid as well. Steckel is 15-6 on draws, very nice.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives