The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

lol @ you guys putting Giggy in net.

T.O, lets go!

EDIT: Komisarek just took a blocked shot right in the gut, his reaction was priceless.

EDIT 2: Kessel snipes one to make it 1-0 Leafs!

Also, Reimer is godly. He went behind the net to play the puck, got himself in a bad spot when a Colarado guy snuck in and grabbed the puck, so what does Reims do? Pins the guy to the boards and the Leafs get the puck.By the end of writing this though, its 1-1 :(

EDIT 3: End of the 2nd, and its 2-1 for Colorado. Reimstop the 3rd peroid, and hopefully we have this.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

I realise the game isn't over yet...but man do you Leafs fans have a short memory.

What did JS Giguere do for the Leafs in the first two games he played, while he was fired up about losing his starting gig to Jonas Hiller?

And you're lol'ing at a fired-up JS Giguere in net against you tonight? That's brave.

I realise the game isn't over yet...but man do you Leafs fans have a short memory.

What did JS Giguere do for the Leafs in the first two games he played, while he was fired up about losing his starting gig to Jonas Hiller?

And you're lol'ing at a fired-up JS Giguere in net against you tonight? That's brave.

Shit, the Av's fans are here. *insert generic groin-pull comment here*

EDIT: KULEEEEMIN!

It's an ideal time to give him a start, Winnipeg's not set the world on fire or anything and their goal-scoring has been kind of anemic. Gustavsson has to get in some time and it might as well be against a team that hasn't won a game yet.

Going to make it a doubleheader tonight with Anaheim/San Jose and get a look at both of them, should be fun.

Guest mr. potato head

Anaheim's top lines looked deadly against St. Louis the other night. I really think they're going to go deep into the playoffs this year, only question is how long they can keep this team together.

If Selanne and Koivu ever actually decide to go, the loss of that depth could really hurt Anaheim. Teemu was brilliant in the game last night, nobody sneaks off better than he does at 41 to find places to score from. I have to agree that Anaheim looks pretty deadly on the whole this season and even with some expected losses in the next few years, they've got a sound foundation to build on and some good young guys like Fowler, Sbisa and Macenauer developing into talented pros plus Palmieri and others waiting in the wings. They've drafted really well.

The Sharks are... the Sharks, although I really like the addition of Burns on defense. Thornton and Marleau are both so gifted, but the more the other parts get changed out without real success, the more you want to conclude that those two are at the heart of why this team can't achieve at a high level.

Kessel....what the hell man?! He is playing like a man possessed.

A great 3rd period there! We need someone else other than Lupul and Kessel getting the goals, they can't keep scoring forever :(

Also, Armstrong is hurt...hopefully not bad :(

What a fucking game, tons of fun and I got a free beer from a guy next to me. The free beer was awesome, as they're $13+tax a fucking piece.

Beauty comeback by the boys after a rough 1st and 2nd period. The ACC was electric after Kessel's goal, and damn near blew up after the third. Lupul's camera-snipe was sick, despite delaying the game. Gardiner looks awesome on D in person, that kid is gonna be something damn good. Schenn played rough again, not liking how he's been doing for the last couple games. There we're a lot of Jets fans in attendance, surprisingly. I think they make have actually out-chanted us, until some genius started a 'SAME OLD THRASHERS' chant that was golden.

Highlight of the night was during a commerical break. They were showing different people in the crowd, and came to this guy in a cowboy hat. Sure enough, over the PA starts blasting some western music, and this guy take's his 15 minutes of fame (really like 2 solid minutes of commercial break) and starts do-see-do'in and throwing a hootenanny (:shifty:), and even busted out the robot at one point. Solid entertainment during the break, but I wish it aired because it would definitely be on youtube.

EDIT: Just realized that we got both Lupul and Gardiner for Beauchemin, my fucking god what a steal.