The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Reimer is out again tonight......effing Montreal <_< Next time we play them, I demand Rosehill or Orr takes a run at Price! :shifty:

So, 5-3-1 after tonight? Not the worst, I just hope we don't go on a huge losing streak.

mirtle James Mirtle Gustavsson called Reimer's injury a concussion. Not the language the team has been using.

Oh come on.....

Reimer is out again tonight......effing Montreal <_< Next time we play them, I demand Rosehill or Orr takes a run at Price! :shifty:

So, 5-3-1 after tonight? Not the worst, I just hope we don't go on a huge losing streak.

mirtle James Mirtle Gustavsson called Reimer's injury a concussion. Not the language the team has been using.

Oh come on.....

The homepage of the Leafs site has an article that, in the picture on the homepage says 'The Leafs will be without Reimer tonight but Connoly & Bozak return'. However, if you click and read the article, it goes on to say this;

Tim Connolly (upper body) will mostly likely make his Leafs debut; James Reimer, out for a game after taking a shot to the head from the Canadiens' Brian Gionta, will be back; and Tyler Bozak will return after missing two games with a foot injury.

So now I'm all confused, but I'm hoping to see the Reiminister end up between the posts tonight.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

dailyfaceoff.com has the monster confirmed for tonight.

I have all 3 goalies playing tonight in my fantasy. Hiller, Quick, and Lehtonen. Quick and Hiller play each other, so starting both is a guaranteed win, but still, which 2 should I start?

Just saw an interview with Ben Scrivines, he seems like a nice fellow! Hopefully he continues to do well in the AHL!

Maybe if Reimer is out for any longer, Scrivines can get a start and show what he's got. Maybe he'll pull what Reimer did last year? :shifty:

They've been using the C word an awful lot in the pre-game show. Wilson denies it. They've also said that he will NOT play Saturday either. Operation Kill Gionta is now in progress.

EDIT: Connoly has been injured every single year for the last 5 years. Fuck me.

EDIT 2: 4-2 win for the Leafs! 6-2-1 on the season, not too bad at all. Gusty played well tonight, couldn't watch most of the end of the 3rd as much as I wanted to, but managed to catch the goals. Scrivens to start in Pittsburg?

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

EDIT: Connoly has been injured every single year for the last 5 years. Fuck me.

Dude, his name is Concussion Connoly for a reason.

Discounting this season, Connoly has played in 302 NHL games over his career with Buffalo (discounting his earlier days in New York when he was healthy). There were 574 NHL games during that period, meaning that Connoly played in 54% of all games he was contracted for. Granted, when he's healthy and in the lineup, Connoly can be an impact player; his season in 2008/2009 where he had 47 points in 48 games was nothing to sneeze at. Still: he only played 48 games.

Personally, I think Reimer and Connoly probably drank from the same water bottle or something. Doesn't take much.

So, to revisit the earlier topic of conversation - did Gionta run Reimer? Or did Reimer fake it, including making his helmet fly off and developing whiplash-type symptoms of his own accord?

It is completely unquestionable that this is Gionta running Reimer. Even in the video posted by the guy questioning this, Reimer moves laterally prior to the hit, not forward or back (which simply changes when Gionta hits him in the head, not if he hits him in the head). Furthermore, Gionta looks at Reimer as he's cutting in from the circle and then just as he hits the slot area, looks away. To me this is him trying to disguise his intentions.

If I may take a moment to address this completely asinine point, which Be brings up the same response to that I am going to, and is ignored (the poster in question instead choosing to respond to every other part of Be's post).

#1. Reimer came out of the crease a little.

A goaltender out of his crease is not fair game. A goaltender out of his crease means you don't get a penalty for incidental contact.

If this happened to a player playing any other position, at any other point on the ice, this is a Rule 48. I am not convinced the head is directly targeted. (I am convinced Reimer himself is targeted, but not specifically his head) However it is reckless so thus can be roped into the rule definition of targeted, and the principle point of contact is the head.

I am at a loss how this is interpreted as anything other than a suspendable hit. Is there a goaltender exception I am not aware of?

The fact that they wear more armor than the average soldier in Iraq means he should just take it like a man.

• Like 3

So, to revisit the earlier topic of conversation - did Gionta run Reimer? Or did Reimer fake it, including making his helmet fly off and developing whiplash-type symptoms of his own accord?

It is completely unquestionable that this is Gionta running Reimer. Even in the video posted by the guy questioning this, Reimer moves laterally prior to the hit, not forward or back (which simply changes when Gionta hits him in the head, not if he hits him in the head). Furthermore, Gionta looks at Reimer as he's cutting in from the circle and then just as he hits the slot area, looks away. To me this is him trying to disguise his intentions.

If I may take a moment to address this completely asinine point, which Be brings up the same response to that I am going to, and is ignored (the poster in question instead choosing to respond to every other part of Be's post).

#1. Reimer came out of the crease a little.

A goaltender out of his crease is not fair game. A goaltender out of his crease means you don't get a penalty for incidental contact.

If this happened to a player playing any other position, at any other point on the ice, this is a Rule 48. I am not convinced the head is directly targeted. (I am convinced Reimer himself is targeted, but not specifically his head) However it is reckless so thus can be roped into the rule definition of targeted, and the principle point of contact is the head.

I am at a loss how this is interpreted as anything other than a suspendable hit. Is there a goaltender exception I am not aware of?

What I was saying is Reimer came up further after gionta looks across and cuts through. I'm not saying the goalie is fair game to be run over. But Gionta has every right to go to that area. I'm sure he could've done a little more to avoid Reimer. Can it be a penalty? Sure. But I don't think Gionta should be suspended for it. And just to make this clear to everybody, I NEVER said Reimer faked anything.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree that Brian Gionta targeted Reimer.