The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

I thought Gustavsson was really impressive in preseason. If the team can back him up like they do Reimer, this might be the season he does very well. Thankfully Reimer is still getting the wins (thankful for my fantasy team too <_<)

He was really impressive in the pre-season. But that's just that, the pre-season. He's going to have to start playing extremely well for me to change my looks on him at this point. I'd say there were atleast 3, maybe 4 that he should have had.

Good showing by the Leafs tonight, way to work hard out there boys. Maybe this is the year you guys can crack the top ten!

Start of Season

Canucks 2011/2012: 7gp, 3-3-1, 7 points

Canucks 2010/2011: 7gp, 2-3-2, 6 points

Canucks 2009/2010: 7gp, 3-4-0, 6 points

Canucks 2008/2009, 7gp, 3-4-0, 6 points

So this illustrates a few things:

1. We always start slow.

2. We're actually off to the best start in years! :w00t:

3. We have one more win than last year, and last year if we'd won 1 more game we'd have won the cup! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

4. .....

5. Profit!!!

Well Anaheim did save money with the trade, since they were paying Lupul a shitload of money to sit on the bench and do nothing. It just turned out once he got to Toronto that he remembered how to play hockey. The trade was essentially Beauchemin for Gardiner and a salary dump.

I'll be honest, I'm still more than happy with that even if it is a heavily Duck-biased view. I believe Beauchemin is better now (obviously) but Gardiner can and hopefully will reach a higher ceiling than him.

I need trade help!

This guy has been trying to get Malkin and Vokoun off of me for weeks. He has come to me with three trades proposals (and just so you know, my other goalie is Kipper).

First trade: Gelncross, Iginla, Bourque, Perry, and Corvo for Malkin, Elias, Pominville, Vokoun.

Second Trade: Legwand, Weber, Bourque, Perry, M. Smith for Malkin, Elias, Pominville, Vokoun.

Third Trade: Legwand, Weber, Perry, M.Smith for Malkin, Elias, and Vokoun.

I am leaning towards the 2nd trade. What do you think?

Gionta just headshotted the shit out of Reimer. The fuckkkkk

EDIT: What a beautiful shot by Gardiner, and an even more gorgeous tip by Steckel for the 1-1 tie!

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK!?! Gusty is in net to start the fucking second, first shot off the first faceoff and its fucking in.

Kessel comes back with a beauty, 2-2. I'm going to kill Gionta though.

Rosehill just put the hurting to Subban, paybacks a bitch.

Phaneuf makes the PP work! BOOM! 3-2

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

God, I really hope that Reimer is ok. But that was a hell of a game....scared the hell out of me :(

Yay more points for Kessel! And Grabbo! :D

Edit: and wow...Vancouver rips off Florida in that trade.

Booth, Reinprecht and a 3rd for Sturm and Samuelsson.

I don't see the trade as so lopsided - Booth has struggled pretty mightily since his injuries and wasn't fitting in with the new look Panthers. Reinprecht is going to the minors. Samuelsson is easily the best and most versatile player in the trade and Florida needs veteran stability at forward, which both he and Sturm provide. If Booth and Kesler get it going, it's a different story but that's a question mark still. Booth has a NTC kicking in next season as well, so Tallon didn't want to be handcuffed to him.

I gotta say, good job to Gusty for how he played. I was worried when he let in the second, but he actually turned around and played pretty solid. Don Cherry said something after the game which made a lot of sense. It's a good thing they put Gusty in against Boston, a game you would almost expect him to lose. That way, if he loses, he was supposed to anyways, and if he wins, hell you got a boost out of him. But had they instead played him against Winnipeg the night before against the Jets, if he had lost, it would have killed his confidence. The way they did it, he shook his rust off against Boston, took a loss against a team he was expected to lose to, and was able to come back tonight and play very well.

I hope Reims is a'okay though, that was an elbow and a half from Gionta, and I wish (but don't expect) Shanny would make a ruling.

What a goal by Grabo in OT for the win though, that was amazing to watch. Slick moves, Grabo.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

You take NONE OF THEM. Setting aside that Vokoun is a) solid as hell and b) playing with the league's best team, meaning there are few safer options if you need a lot of wins, and that c) I value Malkin higher than Perry, with the first trade you're damn near tying your team's performance to how the Flames do and with the second and third you're praying that Kiprusoff and Smith will not be a pathetic goaltending tandem. In all three cases, you aren't receiving nearly enough.