The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Kessel is on fire and Gustavvson was good. Tonights game is probably going to be a let down game.

Agreed and agreed. Kessel is Kessel, but Gusty played very well. I regret hating on him for his first games, as he's played pretty good since and made some big saves, like that one glove save last night. I just hope he continues to build his confidence, because with 3 solids goalies (assuming Scrivens lives up to his stats when/if he gets to play), we should be laughing.

EDIT: How is Jacob Markstrom playing for Florida this year, anyone know? I've been proposed this trade, but I don't think I'll take it unless they throw something better on the table. Keep note though, the only goalie I have on this team is Reimer.

I GIVE: John-Michael Liles (D)

I GET: Jacob Markstrom (G)

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Kessel is on fire and Gustavvson was good. Tonights game is probably going to be a let down game.

Agreed and agreed. Kessel is Kessel, but Gusty played very well. I regret hating on him for his first games, as he's played pretty good since and made some big saves, like that one glove save last night. I just hope he continues to build his confidence, because with 3 solids goalies (assuming Scrivens lives up to his stats when/if he gets to play), we should be laughing.

EDIT: How is Jacob Markstrom playing for Florida this year, anyone know? I've been proposed this trade, but I don't think I'll take it unless they throw something better on the table. Keep note though, the only goalie I have on this team is Reimer.

I GIVE: John-Michael Liles (D)

I GET: Jacob Markstrom (G)

Markstrom has been amazing. But I'm not sure if he'll be doing that all season, especially for a team like Florida. It seems to me like he's trying to trade for higher value while the iron is hot on Markstrom. If you've got solid D-men, and need a another goalie, I suppose the trade could benefit you. If you make that trade and Markstrom continues to play well, his trade value will really grow and you can get bottom goalies Plus decent players for him. Personally, I'm not sure you should risk trading for Markstrom unless you have at least 3 d-men better than liles. I don't know if you'll get Varl for Liles and RNH, but it's worth a shot.

Ok, two new trades have popped up over the weekend while I was away.

Shane Doan and Tomas Plekanic for Jordan Staal and Justin Williams. Should I take that?

Other trade is Nathan Gerbe for Mike Smith (my other goalies are Quick and Fleury, so he won't be missed).

Guest mr. potato head

Why do I get the sense Ruki's the kind of guy who loves to trade, and everybody knows he loves to trade so they try to rip him off because every once in a while they succeed?

Why do I get the sense Ruki's the kind of guy who loves to trade, and everybody knows he loves to trade so they try to rip him off because every once in a while they succeed?

I LOVE to trade....almost as much as I love to draft.

Also, I am not the smartest hockey mind, hence the reason I ask you guys about all the trades so I don't get ripped off.

Guest mr. potato head

Definitely don't take the first one. There is no way Doan keeps up this level of production for long, he's already slipping a bit.

The other one also seems pretty favourable to the guy who isn't you.

I'd do Doan and plekanec for Staal and Williams. Doan is a 55-70 point scorer every year. He's been carrying the coyotes on his back, and Plekanec is just getting hot, while I believe staal is injured? Either way, Staal hasn't been producing that much.

Ruki you need to write your trades in another way. While you may always write your giving or receiving in a given order, I don't know which one that is.

Try "Dude X and bad player Y for my 80 point guy and solid goaltender"

Or alternately "My Superstar forward and top-10 defenseman for two leafs third liners"

Use of the word "my" indicates who you're giving up.

I've also used the kind of trade offer that gives you pause as to whether or not to accept it in order to help out :P

Well, I guess that gives the Pen's players an excuse when they can't get around someone.

"But Coach! He was moving!"

Interesting stat on Kessel - in 6 games at home he has 14 points, but in 5 games playing away, he has 4 points and didn't score in 3 games. Definitely playing better at the ACC.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives