The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

I will incredibly disappointed if Montreal escapes the Shanhammer. Not just for Gionta running Reimer, but for Price not even being subtle about it and smacking Kadri in the face.

What? #1. Reimer came out of the crease a little. #2. It wasn't an attentional hit. #3. Since when can't teams take the puck to the net like that? If this was the other way around, and Kessel scored while crashing Price, would there be any calling for the shanhammer? This should not be a suspension.

Guest mr. potato head

I will incredibly disappointed if Montreal escapes the Shanhammer. Not just for Gionta running Reimer, but for Price not even being subtle about it and smacking Kadri in the face.

What? #1. Reimer came out of the crease a little. #2. It wasn't an attentional hit. #3. Since when can't teams take the puck to the net like that? If this was the other way around, and Kessel scored while crashing Price, would there be any calling for the shanhammer? This should not be a suspension.

Basha?

1 - What's your point? Being a goaltender and not being within one's crease means you're fair game?

2 - First, the word is INTENTIONAL and second, are you looking at the same clip I am? That is a hit. Gionta cuts between Phaneuf and Reimer, there is contact, Reimer goes down. Fucking hell, his helmet came flying off! The only person who can do THAT with accidental contact is the Hulk.

3 - Gionta doesn't have the puck and, by the time he makes contact, the puck is well away.

4 - Absolutely. I enjoyed Orr's goal on Clemmensen last year, but a) that's because Clemmensen managed to screw us over twice in separate years on separate teams, b) the goal wasn't a game-changer and c) I wouldn't have argued if Orr had been hit with supplementary discipline because I can reflect on a game without bias.

5 - I notice you didn't comment on Price smacking Kadri with his stick. Maybe you've just not seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSNYg3s5R9w. Defend that.

I think getting hit in the face blunt-force with a blocker like you see at least once a game is probably worse. Kadri didn't miss a shift and it wasn't exactly McSorley on Brashear.

Grabovski's OT winner was unbelievable. I love little revenge stories like that where a guy can stick it to the team that gave up on him.

I didn't comment on price because I didn't see it. I'll take a look at it later.

Yes, the word is intentional. I'm sorry auto spellcheck fucked it up for you.

But in the hit with Gionta and Reimer, Gionta did nothing wrong. That area of the ice belongs to him just as much as everybody else. It's not like Gionta went to Reimer and didn't attempt to move out of the way. Reimer was coming up as Gionta went to skate across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW3L1jhvSik

EDIT: And no, I don't agree with the clip you showed me of price. I wouldn't be against him getting suspended for that, but I don't think it will happen.

Edited by thisgamewelose

That hit was intentional by Gionta, no doubt in my mind.

6 seconds into that video, Gionta's looking at the play and is about 10 feet from the net

7.5 to 8 second mark, Gionta's now looking straight at Reimer, about 5-6 feet from the net, plenty of time to change direction. Instead, he takes a stride toward him, turns into it and take's him right out.

As for Reimer being out of the crease, by like what? Half a foot? He was in the middle of reading a play, paying no attention to Gionta sneaking in for his hit.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

So I guess Reimer tweaked his neck when he was diving the other night, cause they are saying he's going to miss at least one game.

That hit was intentional by Gionta, no doubt in my mind.

6 seconds into that video, Gionta's looking at the play and is about 10 feet from the net

7.5 to 8 second mark, Gionta's now looking straight at Reimer, about 5-6 feet from the net, plenty of time to change direction. Instead, he takes a stride toward him, turns into it and take's him right out.

As for Reimer being out of the crease, by like what? Half a foot? He was in the middle of reading a play, paying no attention to Gionta sneaking in for his hit.

The video I posted is the video I saw. The hit takes place well before 6 seconds in, so I'm not sure which video you're talking about. But looking at the clip I showed, there's no way that was intentional.

Sorry, I didn't know you meant the replay. I'm trying to see your point of view here, but that video also shows that after gionta looks at reimer and continues to go across, reimer comes out more. I guess we'll continue to have different opinions on this hit.

Sorry, I didn't know you meant the replay. I'm trying to see your point of view here, but that video also shows that after gionta looks at reimer and continues to go across, reimer comes out more. I guess we'll continue to have different opinions on this hit.

He come's out a bit more sure, but he's doing his job, getting in position for the play. Gionta looks at him, strides at him, turns into him and hits him.

But, as you said, we'll probably continue to disagree on this so we can just forget about it.

More recent news, fuckkk. Burn the parade route. God damn Jagr. 4-2 loss to Philly.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives