The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Well Anaheim did save money with the trade, since they were paying Lupul a shitload of money to sit on the bench and do nothing. It just turned out once he got to Toronto that he remembered how to play hockey. The trade was essentially Beauchemin for Gardiner and a salary dump.

Well Anaheim did save money with the trade, since they were paying Lupul a shitload of money to sit on the bench and do nothing. It just turned out once he got to Toronto that he remembered how to play hockey. The trade was essentially Beauchemin for Gardiner and a salary dump.

Gardiner > Beauchemin, and I've got a feeling this may be Lupul's career year.

Toronto @ Boston, and it's 1-0 Toronto after a nice pass from Kadri to Steckel who got his first goal of the year. Gusty is playing good too, glad to see. Was, until Nathan Horton made it 1-1. Gusty didn't look the best letting it in.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

.....sure, our defence isn't clicking right now, but man...not a fan of Gus. Grrrrr....

Yeah, I stopped watching after their 3rd goal. Hopefully Kessel and Lupul can score a million goals tonight.

That's one thing that's bugging me bout the Leafs, all (or 95%) of our goals comes from those two. The rest of the boys need to get working.

Gardiner > Beauchemin

Not for a team that was fighting for a playoff spot last year. It's a fantastic trade for the Leafs, but the Ducks got what they wanted out of it. That's all Plubby was getting at.

Not for a team fighting for a playoffs spot, and not right now either. That's just a laughable statement from the most homeriffic point of view since Basha. You don't see me claiming TJ Galiardi is going to be the next Brendan Shanahan on LW, please don't dribble such asinine nonsense as "Gardiner is better than Beauchemin". Beuachemin is leading Gardiner in pretty much every category this season, is a minute-muncher, and has a ring. Gardiner can merely *hope* to be as good as Beauchemin, maybe.

Gardiner > Beauchemin

Not for a team that was fighting for a playoff spot last year. It's a fantastic trade for the Leafs, but the Ducks got what they wanted out of it. That's all Plubby was getting at.

Not for a team fighting for a playoffs spot, and not right now either. That's just a laughable statement from the most homeriffic point of view since Basha. You don't see me claiming TJ Galiardi is going to be the next Brendan Shanahan on LW, please don't dribble such asinine nonsense as "Gardiner is better than Beauchemin". Beuachemin is leading Gardiner in pretty much every category this season, is a minute-muncher, and has a ring. Gardiner can merely *hope* to be as good as Beauchemin, maybe.

I've got high, high hopes for Gardiner. Can't deny the kids good with the puck, patient as hell and has the ability to defend and keep it before passing it off.

EDIT: The Bruins are just demolishing Rusty Gusty.

EDIT 2: Alright, fuck the Monster. Send him to the AHL and bring Scrivens up. Fuck him. 5-1

EDIT 3: Anytime now Wilson, pull him. He fucking sucks. 6-1

EDIT 4: Gardiner makes an amazing pass to Grabo to make it 6-2. Gardiner, i'm telling you. :shifty:

Not denying any of that for a second. But Beauchemin has some of those traits, as well as being a punishing hitter and having an underrated point shot. I think both of these players are good (or in Gardiner's case, will be good - he's simply "good for his age" right now). To make a direct comparison is unfair to Gardiner.

Also, Lupul runs very hot and very cold. I would be more inclined to believe Kessel keeps his pace going than I would Lupul - just to finish the trade comparison.

Not denying any of that for a second. But Beauchemin has some of those traits, as well as being a punishing hitter and having an underrated point shot. I think both of these players are good (or in Gardiner's case, will be good - he's simply "good for his age" right now). To make a direct comparison is unfair to Gardiner.

Also, Lupul runs very hot and very cold. I would be more inclined to believe Kessel keeps his pace going than I would Lupul - just to finish the trade comparison.

I'll agree with that, and very true, it is a bit early and unfair to make a comparison. Gardiner just looks like he's played in the NHL for way longer than he has.

6-2 final score, and the announcers managed to find a way to make me hate Gusty more. This game, he let in 6. His last two starts last year, he let in 6 and 5. 17 goals in 3 fucking games?! Fuckkkk Gusty.

Not positive on a Bozy injury but he looked to be in a lot of pain.

I thought Gustavsson was really impressive in preseason. If the team can back him up like they do Reimer, this might be the season he does very well. Thankfully Reimer is still getting the wins (thankful for my fantasy team too <_<)