Open Battle Challange!

This may not be modern-ish enough but here goes.

Bound for Glory I- Kevin Nash vs Jeff Jarrett - finding a replacement

In 2005, TNA were laying the foundations for what they hoped would become their version of Wrestlemania. To start the tradition with a bang, TNA built up a world championship match in which the Kings of Wrestling imploded and Jeff Jarrett would have to defeat the very man he brought in to TNA, Kevin Nash.

Sadly for Big Sexy, heart troubles ruled him out of competing, leaving TNA to frantically scramble for a replacement marquee match on the big day. In the end, Rhino stepped into the breach earning an unintended NWA Heavyweight championship reign in his third gruelling match of the night.

TNA took a huge gamble in giving Rhino the ball, not least because he had to survive the first ever Monster's Ball, the ensuing 20 man gauntlet and a World title match.

In this reality, he doesn't.

In the Monster's Ball match Rhino sustains a broken arm after a bump gone wrong meaning TNA's desperation backup plan is in the dumpster. Someone else needs to step forward: fast.

Your task is to find that replacement, and write their story to the historic main event. The replacement challenger must be somebody who competed in some way shape or form at Bound For Glory 2005. They CANNOT be AJ Styles or Christopher Daniels (who competed in a 30 minute iron man match for the X Division title).

Your entry must include:

- A brief re-cap of any match that your participant was involved in (if applicable). You must keep the match's RESULT the same, but you may change the circumstances of the ending if you wish.

- The final four segment of the gauntlet match (remember, in TNA it's over the top eliminations until the final two, where the winner is decided by pinfall/submission).

- An after-gauntlet promo where your chosen main eventer states his intention to win the title

- The ensuing match against Jarrett (You can choose the winner).

An Impossible Challenge

Turn Sheik Abdul Bashir babyface.

Yes, that's right.

Here are your restrictions:

1. You may not change his name (but you may drop the "sheik").

2. You may not change his ethnicity.

3. You may not change him to a masked wrestler.

4. You must make Bashir a successful babyface in time for a big match at Slammiversary.

Here is what you will need to write:

1. A brief summary of the booking leading up to the turn.

2. A non-match segment involving at least two people--including Bashir--that builds up toward the turn.

3. A segment in which Bashir, without speaking (yet), completes his face turn. If it's a match, write the match ending. If it's a promo, write the promo out and have Bashir do his thing.

4. A promo from the babyface Bashir that establishes his new persona.

5. A summary of at least one full month of booking leading up to Slammiversary, in which Bashir will work a match against a heel with whom he was previously affiliated.

6. The complete Slammiversary match. It must be a gimmick match.

Yeah, that's fine for a deadline. And Starr, to be completely honest, I'm not sure what you mean. I don't think this will be ranked much for anything, and I thought it was just for shits and giggles. But, I'm very new to The Arena itself.

Edit: Also, who shall we submit our entries to when we're done for judging?

Edited by BuddyAwesome

Yeah, that's fine for a deadline. And Starr, to be completely honest, I'm not sure what you mean. I don't think this will be ranked much for anything, and I thought it was just for shits and giggles. But, I'm very new to The Arena itself.

Edit: Also, who shall we submit our entries to when we're done for judging?

I mean, are you playing for KotD points, or just for a larf? If you're just out for fun, you can post them yourself and have people vote. If you're playing for points, PM them to me, I'll post, and you both get a few points in the standings.

Ranked = points.

Unranked = no points.

Clear?

(Y)

Aussie, if you get yours done sometime today or tomorrow, you can PM to me and I'll be able to post them both. If not, you'll both have to go ahead and post your own, since I'm likely to be taking down my router and everything to move house this weekend. Prolly won't be back regularly until after the New Year.

You'll still get your points when the voting is done, but Aussie, you'll have to set up the poll, or just have people post their choice. Either way.