EWR Fictional Universe

Ok, well, as none of you will know, i have been working on a fictional EWR universe for a couple of months now, with activity on the universe dwindling for the last couple of weeks due to school and stuff.

Now, as for workers, TV Networks, TV Shows, Belts, and practically everything else except relationships (and maybe staff), this game is complete, although, i do suspect it is "broken" (Eg: its impossible to survive more than a couple of months as any promotion bar SWA.) and i need people to test this. As my current MSN list has barely anyone on it who actually has EWR, i decided to instead release it here prematurely, for testing purposes.

Now, instead of rambling on, i'll instead give you people a little rundown on each promotion itself.

SWA: The land of cartoonish characters and average wrestling at best. Only talkers and good lookers will make it here. (Think WWF prior to attitude era.) Size: Global

DWF: The company with the most attitude. DWF is looking to revolutionize wrestling as more than just a show for kids. Skill will get you far, but mic skills will get you further. (Think WWF/WCW Attitude era.) Size: National

EWA: The top place where the talented come to play. Mic skills? What are they? This is where talent outshines all. (Think Ring Of Honor, yet on a bigger scale). Size: National

EHR: If DWF is the place of attitude, this is the place where no one gives a shit! Hardcore wrestling and risque angles are all you'll see here! (Think Old ECW/CZW) Size: Regional

TOW: Almost like EWA's own farm territory, TOW is the place for the talented to make a name for themselves, before hopefully being picked up by a bigger promotion like EWA. (Think Ring Of Honor, yet on a smaller scale) Size: Regional.

Updated Download Links:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XIE00VIJ

Constructive criticism is obviously welcome! Plus whether the game is "broken" or not.

Enjoy.

Edited by Darnez FC
  • Like 2

I've just downloaded the file and will have a proper look through it later.

I see there's been a lot of work put in already as far as adding new workers go. It'd be nice upon full release for it to include a text file that gives us some sort of background on the workers, as in who they've worked for previously, and who their style matches most in real life. It's a ton more work, I know, but if I knew something about the characters that you created (and know about) I'd have a better feel for the game straight away, rather than going with people I don't feel like I know.

I think I explained that right. :shifty:

Cool. The only way something like this can work effectively, I think, is if others are going into the game and knowing the characters almost as much as the creator.

Btw, are there any plans to add more workers/promotions before a full release?

Looking at some of the unsigned ones now, they could be in a new, decent promotion in itself judging by their stats.

I did have a sixth promotion in the game early on, at small level, but at that time, all of the unsigned guys in the game now, were not in it, so i got rid of the sixth promotion and stuck with five.

I'll stick with fixing up all the relationships and money issues with the game as it is now, but if i find the time, i may add a new promotion along with 50 more workers.

• Like 1

Premature release... :pervert:

good way to point it out :lmao: :bang: (N) :shifty::unsure::angry:<_<

Ok, well, as none of you will know, i have been working on a fictional EWR universe for a couple of months now, with activity on the universe dwindling for the last couple of weeks due to school and stuff.

Now, as for workers, TV Networks, TV Shows, Belts, and practically everything else except relationships (and maybe staff), this game is complete, although, i do suspect it is "broken" (Eg: its impossible to survive more than a couple of months as any promotion bar SWA.) and i need people to test this. As my current MSN list has barely anyone on it who actually has EWR, i decided to instead release it here prematurely, for testing purposes.

Now, instead of rambling on, i'll instead give you people a little rundown on each promotion itself.

SWA: The land of cartoonish characters and average wrestling at best. Only talkers and good lookers will make it here. (Think WWF prior to attitude era.) Size: Global

DWF: The company with the most attitude. DWF is looking to revolutionize wrestling as more than just a show for kids. Skill will get you far, but mic skills will get you further. (Think WWF/WCW Attitude era.) Size: National

EWA: The top place where the talented come to play. Mic skills? What are they? This is where talent outshines all. (Think Ring Of Honor, yet on a bigger scale). Size: National

EHR: If DWF is the place of attitude, this is the place where no one gives a shit! Hardcore wrestling and risque angles are all you'll see here! (Think Old ECW/CZW) Size: Regional

TOW: Almost like EWA's own farm territory, TOW is the place for the talented to make a name for themselves, before hopefully being picked up by a bigger promotion like EWA. (Think Ring Of Honor, yet on a smaller scale) Size: Regional.

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R07UMCI4

Constructive criticism is obviously welcome! Plus whether the game is "broken" or not.

Enjoy.

Edited by justice123

you got pics for these people or do you want me to make up some pics for you

heres something I put togther

joeypimps.jpg

pimpin joey pimps

Looks okay. Maybe if the shot was more of just a head shot (like with the pics used in EWR) it'd look better.

If you don't mind going out of your way, you can create more of these :)

5 promotions seems a bit small

I could give you my msn if you want and we can talk about creating a few (2,3,4) more promotions so that the start of the game isn't so empty

Sure, i'm always open to discussing more promotions for the game. But they won't get added until all the things currently in the game are fixed. (Which is basically all the relationships & The Backstory)

joeypimps.jpg

pimpin joey pimps

Looks okay. Maybe if the shot was more of just a head shot (like with the pics used in EWR) it'd look better.

I could give you my msn if you want and we can talk about creating a few (2,3,4) more promotions so that the start of the game isn't so empty

Sure, i'm always open to discussing more promotions for the game. But they won't get added until all the things currently in the game are fixed. (Which is basically all the relationships & The Backstory)

K

I will get started today on some new ones

after pics I will get some logos and banners too

first 10 (tell me if you want me go further) if so then credit me for pics

LeviSmith.jpg

levi smith

joeypimps.jpg

joey pimps

JoeFlamer.jpg

joe flamer

DarxesWhiteman.jpg

darxes whiteman

AlaniSky.jpg

alani sky

AlanPillows.jpg

alan pillows

AlanPage.jpg

alan page

akim.jpg

akim

Ak.jpg

ak

AaronBanks.jpg

aaron banks

Edited by justice123

pimpin joey pimps

K

I will get started today on some new ones

after pics I will get some logos and banners too

first 10 (tell me if you want me go further) if so then credit me for pics

LeviSmith.jpg

levi smith

joeypimps.jpg

joey pimps

JoeFlamer.jpg

joe flamer

DarxesWhiteman.jpg

darxes whiteman

AlaniSky.jpg

alani sky

AlanPillows.jpg

alan pillows

AlanPage.jpg

alan page

akim.jpg

akim

Ak.jpg

ak

AaronBanks.jpg

aaron banks

Some of the cuts don't appear to be clean enough...especially that Akim one...

...if you can clean the cuts up a bit, i'll be sure to add these. (I'd clean them up myself...but if i was good at that, i'd do the entire pic pack myself...)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this in case anyone is interested.

I have assigned the wrestlers and the main owners pictures, however, these pictures are from the "Ultimate Pic Pack", so yes, they will look like wrestlers that you have seen. Hopefully no-one finds this distracting.

The second note is that i've completed the "history" of each promotion, only needing to add in all the title reigns at this point. In comparison to the NWA Domination PDF file, its very brief, but hey, something is better than nothing right?

Hopefully the history will be done by tomorrow, possibly tonight if i get my butt in gear.

Just a quick update on this in case anyone is interested.

I have assigned the wrestlers and the main owners pictures, however, these pictures are from the "Ultimate Pic Pack", so yes, they will look like wrestlers that you have seen. Hopefully no-one finds this distracting.

The second note is that i've completed the "history" of each promotion, only needing to add in all the title reigns at this point. In comparison to the NWA Domination PDF file, its very brief, but hey, something is better than nothing right?

Hopefully the history will be done by tomorrow, possibly tonight if i get my butt in gear.

At the risk of being flamed for a completely unrelated post....can someone give me a link to the ultimate pic pack?

• 2 weeks later...

History is practically finished, and will be fully completed by This weekend, i assure you! (I know i say this alot and then it occurs like 2 weeks later, but i'm serious this time!)

And the scnario now has an official name; THE BATTLE OF FIVE! (Yes its bad, sue me :P)

Anyway; download link(s):

http://rapidshare.com/files/218034728/BOF_1.1.zip.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0Z5M47P5

Enjoy!

EDIT: For those who don't have the ultimate pic pack, you will not see the pic updates. Sorry.

Edited by Darnez FC

• 10 months later...

Alrighty, thought i'd revive this, just to let everyone know that its at 90 or so percent completion.

At the moment it has 360 workers and 6 promotions. If I can create 40 or so more, then i'll add another promotion to round it upto 7. The only real thing that needs working on are the worker relationships. (Theres 405 so far...)

Heres the DATA for anyone interested in testing this out: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6CX7X40W

I'll update the first page with the new DATA also.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres the latest update, with all 400 workers (for now) and 7 promotions.

Download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W10A2SWH

Current stats:

Workers - 400

Promotions - 7

Staff - 205

Belts - 16

Events - 72

Tag Teams - 75

Stables - 6

TV Networks - 12

Television Shows - 5

Alter Egos - 164

Relationships - 455

Sponsors - 255

If you have a pic pack, then you should be able to see the pictures I assigned to all the workers, and the 7 main owners. :)

Anyone willing to test this? Like, give feedback and things? Its certainly playable (I've managed a 3 year game with it), but I want to know if there are any flaws present. (Ie: Impossible to continue past a couple of months with a company, impossible to hire any good workers because of relationships etc.)

I'll update the first page with this new link.