the John Wick appreciation thread

livid

On 17/01/2019 at 17:13, Benjamin said:

If something happens to that dog, though...

Frankly I struggled to enjoy the film after the dog scene in the first movie. I mean, I understand how it was the straw that broke the camel’s back so to speak but it was just too brutal. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Rewatched All films 1-4 this week, and The Continental series for the first time.

I enjoyed the TV show way more than I expected, but it's pretty long.

Mel Gibson does a really good job as a hate-filled drugged up megalomaniacal religious nutjob on a powertrip, no idea how he managed that.

I love the whole franchise, sure some are better than others, but like, that's true of everything. Just really great stuff without a huge drop-off. I'd love to see a fifth one

Spoiler

to tidy up that ending on the fourth, I think John deserves a better send off than that.

And I wouldn't mind seeing more 'Stories from the John Wick universe'. I love the world-building.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've just watched the first three over the past few weeks. The first one was good, but left me wanting more. Chapter Two felt like a very uncreative and quite frankly boring rehash of the first. 3/Parabellum kicked so much fucking arse I was blown away and love the series. This is how it should have felt from the beginning in a way, but the first was centred fully on the Wick character which is well worth the focus.

Whoever casts these films is a wonderful person.