Ryder Cup

sahyder1

Who's gonna win?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who's gonna win?

• USA
    • Europe

Bah, the poll is a little late but I'm gonna put it up anyways. Definitely a surprising development today. It's not surprising that the Europeans jumped out to an early lead (because they always do) but it definitely surprised me to say Tiger and Phil lose both of their matches. Tiger and Phil definitely have to be split tomorrow because the US needs the wins and having them both win in the same match accomplishes nothing. I wanna see Phil teamed up with Davis Love III tomorrow. There's plenty of time left in the competition and should be an interesting weekend in Golf. I am definitely not counting out this US team yet.

Edited by sahyder1

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Although Europe do always go up in the team matches, it's simply because they play as much more of a team than the US do. I think they will do more than enough in the singles matches tomorrow to retain the trophy. The European team looked so strong this time on paper, and they are showing that as Hal Sutton said on green grass.

Tiger & Phil showed little semblence of a team yesterday, and when Montgomerie is on top of his game there is no golfer in the world that can compete with him.

USA hinted for a while at a comeback this morning but it amounted to only making 1 point back, Casey & Howell's win was huge. The team's look well matched for this afternoon and it's a wise desicion for Montgomerie to sit out and save himself for the singles, Garcia/Donald and Harrington/McGinlay are two great selections.

If Europe keep a 4 point lead on the US, then tomorrow will be down heavily to what Langer does with his selection's for the singles, they go it wrong in 1999 and that's partly what cost Europe.

Actually I'd say what went wrong in '99 was the crowd making noises when the Europeans were trying to take shots and the crowd invading the green and the American players celebrating when there was a European putt that would have led to a tie...

Looking good for Europe going into the singles but you can never tell. The Europeans could do with leading early on so as to keep the crowd out of it this time round. Be tight, Europe to edge it.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Actually I'd say what went wrong in '99 was the crowd making noises when the Europeans were trying to take shots and the crowd invading the green and the American players celebrating when there was a European putt that would have led to a tie...