Best Overall Player in the NFL

austin

I just thought that this would be alittle fun to see who people think the best player in the league is. My pick for the best player in the league is LaDanian Tomlinson. He runs the ball as well or better than most backs and he has the crapiest O-Line in almost the entire league. He can catch as he showed last year being the first Running Back to have 100+ receptions and he can throw the ball :) . If it wasn't for him his team wouldn't win a single game. I know me being a Chargers fan this seems biased, well it is, but that's why I am asking everyone who they think the best player in the league is.

Like the few before me have said, LT has to be the best overall player in the NFL. Ray Lewis would be 2nd on my list, followed by Priest Holmes. It's just unreal that LT performs so well for such a terrible team. You'd figure an opposing team would just key on him but from the looks of things he still finds his way to get invovled.

BTW, despite the riskyness Michael Vick reminded us all how good he can be when he uses his true weapons. Sure it'll be better in the long run for him to be able to drop back in the pocket and deliver the ball to his recievers with ease, but until that day comes he's going to have to use his legs. He was simply sensational against the Rams today.

I'd vote for Randy Moss. He can make the big plays as we all know but he can get the little ones done too. If you need a quick 4 yards on a 3rd down he can get it. If you need 24 yards on a 3rd down he can get that too. He's also great once he gets the ball, he seems to have great field vision. His moves are fantastic and he throws a good block when he has to as well. Moss would be my #1 pick ever single time.

Guest NYJetFan86

Kevin Mawae

And you all are probably wondering why i picked him. Not because i love the Jets but because he is the best center in the league and a great blocker who has pretty good speed for a guy his size. Without him at center the Jets O-Line is weak and Curtis Martin wouldnt have the amount of rushing yards that he has right now

Saying Ray Lewis is over-rated based on one game is stupid. Besides, if you watched the game, you'd see there multiple times when he took on two blockers and freed up someone else to make the play, or forced an outside run up the middle because he was quick enough to cut it off. Ray Lewis changes the game, every game, not to mention his mental ability to fire up his own team and intimidate opponents. He's my top on defense easily.

Offensively, Moss is close, but LT does far too much. The running and catching is obvious, but I've always been impressed by how well he picks up the blitz, something a lot of star backs don't even bother with anymore.

Saying Ray Lewis is over-rated based on one game is stupid.  Besides, if you watched the game, you'd see there multiple times when he took on two blockers and freed up someone else to make the play, or forced an outside run up the middle because he was quick enough to cut it off.  Ray Lewis changes the game, every game, not to mention his mental ability to fire up his own team and intimidate opponents.  He's my top on defense easily.

Offensively, Moss is close, but LT does far too much.  The running and catching is obvious, but I've always been impressed by how well he picks up the blitz, something a lot of star backs don't even bother with anymore.

A thug who went back and got his college degree even though he's got enough money to last a lifetime. A thug who does tons of charity work throughout the Baltimore area. The guy's made mistakes, it's a shame people hold it against him.

You said yourself, he gets 8 or 9 tackles a game. Add to that, the disruptive nature, the deflected passes, the 6 INT's he had last year, and the fact that offenses change to accomodate playing against him...he's a gamechanging player, one of few left in the league.

You can't rate a player's ability based purely on stats. Sure, he may share a lot of tackles, but he's that much better because he forces opposing teams to accomodate him - freeing his team-mates up to make plays. You can't just look at stats, you have to take the intangibles into account too.

And Olin Kruetz is a way better center than Kevin Mawae, no question.

Edited by dragon27

Guest Bluesman

I really think you can make an argument for a few players. I think L.T. wins out over Moss, when you look at what he does on such a horseshit team. What I'm wondering is, where are all the people who talked about the Chargers getting 'ripped off' dealing Vick for Tomlinson?