Nas Won't Reply To 50 Cent

Lord Nibbler

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Tech N9ne, C-Bo, Bun B, Z-Ro, Devin the Dude, X-Raided(mad props), Talib Kweli, Kurupt, Daz Dillinger, Immortal Technique, GZA, Fatal Hussein, Black Child, Slim Thug, Mike Jones, Canibus, Bang 'em Smurf, Domination.....and Yukmouth - The King Of The West, the underground/underrated rappers is where Hip-Hop needs to delve into. thats the real shit.

Nas is one of the few mainstream rappers i would listen to, i wouldnt be surprised to hear a few subliminal disses or such on the future.

Edited by BacknBlackHoez

Its hard when you got into rap on NWA, Deathrow, Ice Tea, basically the original gangsta shit. Rap has changed a lot since then, its all about the next club banger instead of something for the streets.

Now I tend to listen to a different style of rap, like Atmosphere, Sage Francis, or Necro, Tech N9ne.

Now I tend to listen to a different style of rap, like Atmosphere, Sage Francis, or Necro, Tech N9ne.

Hence the previous name Slug? :P

Thats the kinda rap I listen to, I prefer it over most other mainstream/"gangsta" rap.

Edited by MDK

The only rap I listen to at the moment is Bone Thugs (especially Krayzie - can't wait for his solo album), Eminem and D-12, Outkast, DMX.

I wanna get Jay-Z's new album and anything from Nas. I like Obie Trice. I don't 50 Cent...I just don't get him.

And Dizzee Rascal? He sounds like a chicken rapping.

He was never really bad either though. I cant say I've heard any stuff from Cannibus or The Roots, so I wont say anything on them. As for Dizzee Rascal, I wouldn't class him as a rapper when his music is garage, which is rather different to rap. Kanye is certainly good, and like I said there are some good rappers out there, but 70% of the rappers around are crap.

Bah. Gfunk still takes the cake. 213 are Gods among men.

You want to hear what rap was all about in the west coast during the early 90's, LBC Gfunk style? Get the new 213 album. Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg and Warren G bring back the good old days perfectly.

Hell no they don't.

That train has passed, you kids ain't going to get the LBC style again.

If you want to know what you missed, these are essential LBC 213 G-Funk Era songs.

Regulate

Summertime in the LBC

Guest BacknBlackHoez

SeanB, are you serious? Scarface is the king of the south and Outkast is one of the most influentual groups of all-time. T.I. & 8Ball & MJG dont even deserve to be in the same sentence with them. Sean, learn ya music, you just seemed stupid ass fuck with what you just said, YOU should stop smokin that shit.

Ludacris smoked him anyway. Southern rap, minus Luda, Face and Outkast, is garbage. And that includes 8 Ball & MJG.

LMAO! You'd actually put Face and Outkast ahead of T.I and 8 Ball and MJG? Send me over some of that shit you're smoking, because you must be high or something to say some stupid shit like that.