Portugal Vs Liechtenstein (AH AH AH)

Malenko

I know there are a lot of football fans in here, and even if they pay more attention to their respective national teams, they'll find this result odd at least...

As a background it's enough to say Liechtenstein has won 1! game and draw 3 in its football history. Liechtenstein is the fourth smallest nation in the world.The country has no league and only seven football clubs who play in swiss lower divisions. Their football stadium capacity of about 3500 is enough to get more than 10% of the population in there.

Portugal : the last european cup runner-up (maybe unfairly but nevertheless runners-up). The best result Liechtenstein managed to achieve in the 4 previous matches against Portugal was a 5-0 defeat. the other results were 7-0, 7-0 and 8-0.

Portugal had a 2-0 lead at half-time. Not great but enough, one would predict...

Liechtenstein scored the 1-2. I was shocked. When they scored the equalizer i couldn't stop laughing (Yes, I'm Portuguese). The last time i remember Portugal playin that badly was in a friendly match versus Finland a few years back. Finland dominated the match and beat Portugal 4-1 (if i remember correctly). Jari Litmanen played a wonderful game. That was a friendly and even though it was a scandal here. Newspapers wrote about nothing else.

And Finland is NOT the Liechtenstein and this was NOT a friendly game... I can't imagine how the press will react.

As a side note i can say i have no fun watching Portugal anymore... With Rui Costa, Figo, Paulo Sousa, even Joao Pinto out of the team i feel i'm watching some other team... I remember reading in the foreign press a few years back, Portugal was a great team who played attractive attacking football but couldn't capitalize.. Nowadays, we do neither. Despite not playing an awful game Deco is yet to play a great game for Portugal as he did for Porto...as he does for Barcelona.

To conclude...the next guy who has the nerve to say the team we have now is better than the previous one just because we got to the euro-cup final gets a fuckin poke in the eye :) thank you... I wonder how the czechs are doing...