Rescue Me

THIR13EN²

Did anyone catch the season finally of Rescue Me this week? I thought it was good, but I’ve liked pretty much all of the whole season. I’ve never noticed how much ass fire fighters get…or how much sex they have. I can’t wait for season 2, a lot of un-answered questions. I do have to say, that it wasn’t as a good ended as Nip/Tuck, but still pretty damn good.

I liked the ending, sort of reminded mr of the first season finale of the Shield where Vic Mackey comes home to find his family gone. Not exactly the same, as everything here was missing.

That think with Arlo and Teddy was extremely strange, but kind of funny. Arlo was a funny character, and I'd like to see him back next season, but he probably won't be.

I like that Mike finally stood up against the guys, and he might gain some sort of respect from that.

Should be a good second season when that starts up.

It kind of pissed me off that the Chief blamed Tommy for what happen to Franco.

The end made me tear up a bit though. I feel sorry for Tommy.

Good finale though. Not as good as Nip/Tuck's (Christian might not come back :o), but it was still pretty damn good.

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "Rescue Me" didn't end its season with quite the ratings bang of its FX counterpart, "Nip/Tuck," but the network isn't exactly crying over the results either.

The first-season finale of "Rescue Me," which stars Denis Leary as a New York firefighter, drew 3.1 million viewers Wednesday (Oct. 13), airing opposite the final presidential debate and playoff baseball in most of the country. For the season, it averaged 2.7 million viewers, making it the top-rated freshman series on basic cable this year.

Equally important to the network, more than 2 million of the finale's viewers were in the ad-friendly adults 18-49 demographic. For the season, "Rescue Me" drew an average of 1.9 million 18- to 49-year-old viewers per week.

That average is about on par with the first-season 18-49 audiences for FX's other two drama series, "The Shield" (2.1 million) and "Nip/Tuck" (2.2 million). The total audience for the other series was somewhat larger -- both averaged about 3.3 million viewers in their first seasons.

The solid finale numbers for "Rescue Me" follow even bigger ratings for the season finale of "Nip/Tuck." The drama about two plastic surgeons capped its second year with 5.2 million viewers, the biggest audience ever for any scripted show on FX.

The network has already ordered a second season of "Rescue Me," which will likely premiere in mid-2005.

Edited by Fitzy