Why support a sports team?

Lord Nibbler

For me Soccer is my life . I Watch it (live and on TV) , I Play it , I read about it, I Talk About it , I Would eat it but that would include eating shit from spurs and its the most awful taste ever in history.

I Support Spurs and i support them with a passion this season i will be at every home game and i sing my heart out . does it help the players ? most probally not but i do it for pride and its the same reason i loathe Arsenal and West Ham . they havent offended me personally but its all about pride and rivalry. i know soccer isnt big in the US but in the UK 3/4 of all boys support a team and if results dont go theyre way they get stick .

I Dont feel emoionally involved if for example on sunday i watched the wigan/ leeds game . i didnt care who won but if it was Spurs i would jumping around the room and screaming at the TV .

• 4 weeks later...

I know this topic is kinda old but I was just browsing through everything and still can't believe that someone would even bring this up. One of the most satisying feelings in the world is getting ribbed by certain fans of teams cuz they keep owning your team. Once your team finally wins and you get to boast there are few things pertaining to sports better than that. I got that this year with LA, shutting up Giants fans, even those watching the Steve Finley game with me. Just getting to say "What's Up NOW!" is just awesome in my book. Now I am just waiting to shut up Patriots fans about my Colts. Probably won't happen this year though sadly cuz unless Corey Dillon gets hurt, the Colts won't be able to stop the NE running attack.