NFL Playoffs

Cactus Drags

there are 4 divisions in each conference, and 6 playoff teams altogether. Each division winner makes it in, and is seeded anywhere from 1-4, based on records. Then that leaves 2 wildcard spots open for the rest of the conference. There are multiple tiebreakers used if teams finish tied, such as conference record. Then, the 1 and 2 seed get a bye past the 1st round, and the 2 seed plays the 5 seed, and the 3 seed plays the 4 seed. Whichever seed is the lowest remaining after these two games then plays the 1 seed in the next round, and the other winner plays the 2 seed. Then the winner of each of these two games play in the conference championship, then the winner goes on to the super bowl.

Basically, you have the winner from each division going through automatically.

The divison winner with the best record overall for that season is Seed 1, the worst record is Seed 4.

Then you have the two wildcards, if you ignore the division winners, these are the two teams with the best record from the entire conference.

So you have Seeds 1-4, the division winners. Then Seeds 5+6, the next two best teams.

3 Plays 6, 4 Plays 5. This is called 'Wildcard Weekend' (because the two wildcard teams are playing).

Then Seed 1 plays the lowest seed that got through from the Wildcard Weekend, and Seed 2 plays the other team. This is the Divisional Playoffs.

Then the two winning teams play each other in the Conference Playoffs, and the winning team become the Conference Champions.

The two Conference Champions (NFC and AFC) then play each other in the Superbowl.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the process has been outlined I have taken it upon myself to jump the gun and start playoff predictions...just because I am bored and have nothing else to do because I can't watch the Jets, they bore me.

AFC PLAYOFFS

AFC North Winner- Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC South Winner- Indianapolis Colts

AFC West Winner- Denver Broncos

AFC East Winner- New England Patriots

AFC Wildcards- San Diego Chargers, New York Jets

Wild Card Round

Colts over Chargers

Jets over Broncos

Divisional Round

Steelers over Jets

Colts over Patriots

Conference Championship

Colts over Steelers (MY BIAS HAS GOT THE BEST OF ME)

NFC PLAYOFFS

NFC North Winner- Minnesota Vikings

NFC South Winner- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West Winner- St. Louis Rams

NFC East Winner- Philadelphia Eagles

NFC Wild Cards- New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks

Wild Card Round

Rams over Giants

Seahawks over Bucs

Divisional Round

Vikings over Seahawks

Eagles over Rams

Conference Championship

Vikings over Eagles (PHILLY CHOKES AGAIN!)

SUPER BOWL

COLTS 59 VIKINGS 56 (OT)

Edited by jonnycomelately