Half Life 2

FunkAsPuck

...because you need to it play HL2?

Steam needs to verify that you have a valid copy of HL2 in order to play it, so you need to log onto Steam and get it verified. Problem lies with the fact that Steam is very busy at the moment, and the server keeps going down, so I can't verify my game at all, thus I can't play the game either.

Steam needs to verify that you have a valid copy of HL2 in order to play it, so you need to log onto Steam and get it verified. Problem lies with the fact that Steam is very busy at the moment, and the server keeps going down, so I can't verify my game at all, thus I can't play the game either.

does the game come with steam or do you have to download it?

Edited by BleedMe

The release was a pain in the ass, but I got it working, and I've been playing Half-Life 2 for the past three hours. My thoughts?

FUCKING. AMAZING.

This game is the very reason I advocate PC gaming over console. The graphics are jaw-droppingly advanced (literally), and the gameplay feels like you're in the center of a well-directed action movie. This game is the future occurring right now; Half-Life 2 will set the standard for the hybridization of movies and video games. The gameplay is perfect, the sound is terrific, and the enemy AI is intelligent as hell (during the scripted scenes, anyway). The ambiance is what really sets this game apart, though, as Valve has crafted a beautifully textured and nuanced world. While you need to play it to get an idea what I'm talking about, this game is top to bottom the best PC game ever, a surefire lock for game of the year, and an instant classic. GET THIS GAME.*

Caveat: This game requires some serious computer to run at the highest settings. I've got a P4 3.2, a gig of Corsair XMS RAM, and a Radeon X800 Pro, and I still get a little slowdown at 1024x768 with all the settings set to high and 4x anti-aliasing on. Almost makes me wish I'd picked up a X800 XT. Almost. Only invest in this game if you're running a cutting edge machine, or close to it.

After all that hassle yesterday, I got it verifed properly this morning, and got home from school early to play this game.

Oh my god this game is absolutely amazing. Never have I had so much fun playing an FPS. All the rest of this post is just going to sound like Heel Turns, so just read his instead.

Im running this game on high settings with my ATI x600 (Not amazing I know, but it came with my computer) and it runs silky smooth. According to the guys on GameFAQs, this game loves ATI cards as well.

Basically what they said, everything about this game is amazing! Apart from those annoying flying things with the razors, they just dont stop coming. Seriously though, i've been playing this for the last 4/5 hours, and the only reason i stopped is that i can try CS:S for a while. I suggest anyone with a PC good enough to run the game, buy it, its that good. And if you dont have a PC good enough, get one :P.