Dungeons & Dragons

PkmnTrainerJ

I played for over a month once...then took DM duties but that was ages ago...I dont remember much, but I could play online if ya want.

I liked being the DM better. By the time I took the DM duties, the characters where on Level 17 and I could make a grand adventure. I took a little bit of Dragon Ball Z and combined it with my own storytelling. The idea was that an all powerfull evil sorcerer named Dien (pronounced The End) had been resurrected by an evil organization with the intention of creating the ultimate Dracolith, a creature so powerful that could destroy the world. However, he needed the eight essences of power, holy objects that contained different elemental and dark powers and where the essence of all creation. These essences where guarded by different dragons depending on the essence(Gargantuan of course). To make things more interesting, one of the characters, who was a Drow Ranger/Wizard and was(according to the backstory he made) looking for the meaning of his existence and why even the other drows hated him, turned out to be the son of Dien and the only connection between the players and Dien itselt. That's how Dien was introduced as he appeared in the middle of a huge city celebration where the characters where after recovering an ancient artifact from Abbey of the Sword in order to kidnap his son. Soon enough the rest of the players got involved and the bigger conspiracy started. After receiving some advice from The White Wizard(I forgot his name but he is one of the more important characters in the D & D universe) they started their run aganist the clock to collect the essences before Dien. Other memorable characters like Drizzit D'Ourden appeared during the course of the adventure, which took them to the farthest reaches of Faerun, to the Underdark and the planes of existence themselves. It all culminated in a Lord of the Rings like huge battle between the forces of evil and good. By the time they where done they where Lev. 37 characters and we had to buy the Epic Handbook in order to play after Lev. 20

Took us year and a half to finish that. That was like 4 years ago, so I dont remember much from the game.

I've played D&D and AD&D (and D&D 3rd edition, which is AD&D with the A dropped). Started playing back in the mid-80's, when I was in middle school.

Just out of curiosity, which setting(s) do you use, or are you DMing your own made-up game world?

I prefer Forgotten Realms for campaigns (my main character is a member of the Harpers), Ravenloft for the occasional one-off adventure.

As for adventure templates....if there's not one for download on the official site, or a product containing the template, then I'd say the only ones that exist would be fan created.

Oh yes... I've done RPing stuff for about 5 years now, starting with the original D & D and working out from there. The game group I have in Finland plays D & D 3rd ed. for fantasy settings and CyberPunk 2020 for scifi. At full power, the group has two GM's (me & my buddy), but now with me being overseas they are restricted to only one. I enjoy both systems, and I am also a big fan of a couple of other RPG's (Earthdawn, Exalted and RuneQuest, altough I am going to buy the Shadowrun system pretty soon, always wanted to mix Cyberpunk and fantasy)

My absolutely favourite D & D setting is PlaneScape, hands down. I grief almost daily over how poorly that setting was originally used, and how crappily it is going to be used now (the new Manual Of The Planes, while handy for one-shot trips to Sigil and stuff like that, absolutely blows balls if compared to the older Planescape box, nevermind the addons), I just wish they had maintained Planescape as a separate D & D setting. The art was way cooler than in the others as well.

I'd love to do an online game, but I'm afraid I can't be online long enough for it. :(

Guest Bluesman

Well, I usually try and play basketball from 10:00 pm to 12:00 am on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. I'll usually try and play Friday nights as well, since I have no life. I don't have classes past 2:30 on M/W/F, and 3:45 on Tu/Th. So, pretty much like Kou I'm wide open. Oh yea, I usually don't go to bed until 4-6 am.

I should be registering for next semester shortly, but I highly doubt I'll get anything that challenges my current schedule.