"The Village" getting a new ending?

Numbahs

Sign In or Sign Up. It's Free!

When you register on Philly.com you will have privileged access to our articles and services, free of charge. By learning a little about you, we are able to provide the kinds of information, offers and services that are of the most interest to you.

As a Philly.com member, you will enjoy FREE access to:

• News and commentary from The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News

• Breaking local news, sports coverage and the latest weather information

• Local commuter traffic, entertainment events, movie times, discussion boards and more

• Members only email dispatches.

• More exciting benefits and prizes throughout the year.

What an ending. A sign up screen. I can see why that would turn people off. :P

Is that what you got when you click the link?....cause I get the site just fine.

You're probably registered, you movie whore you.

Well, I never registered with Philly.com or whatever the fuck that site is, so I have no clue how I could access it and you guys couldn't.

The snippit is only a spoiler if you don't know anything about the movie at all...

M. Night Shyamalan and crew quietly set up shop in Chadds Ford, Chester County, this week to shoot additional footage for his movie, "The Village."

Sigourney Weaver, William Hurt, Joaquin Phoenix, and Bryce Howard were present for a three-day shoot, which, several crewmembers say, was the filming of a new ending.

The Gladwyne-based director's sixth film is scheduled for a July 30 release and had filmed in Chadds Ford last year, from October through December.

It also stars Adrien Brody and Brendan Gleeson.

The film is set in 1897 in a small town called Covington, which is surrounded by woods where a group of mythical creatures live.

There's an agreement between the humans and the beasts to leave each other alone, until one day, Phoenix's character wanders into their sanctum.

Then all hell breaks loose.

Shyamalan has said the movie was inspired by "King Kong," "Alien" and "Wuthering Heights."

A spokeswoman for the filmmaker said that while the shooting took place, it did not involve a new ending.

I hope they show the creatures and dont just build up to it till amost the end. Signs kinda did that, but it was still real good. Ill probably like it either way.

POSSIBLE MEGA ULTRA SPOILERS

In the ending I've heard, there is no way at all they can reveal the monsters before the final minutes of the flick.

END(Okay, so I didn't spoil too much....but I don't think my comments should go unwarned)

Edited by Numbahs