Champions League - Possible English Opponents

Guest _sTe_

I know the exact same thing could be said about Arsenal right now, but, I think if we drew Real Madrid we'd beat them due to their defence. Fair enough our defence is shaky at the moment, but Campbell is reliable and it can be repaired. I think if you put an attacking team like Arsenal against Real Madrid they'd score a lot of goals, I don't rate Madrid's defence at all, even against Arsenal's.

So I'm hoping we draw Madrid, if you want to be the best in Europe you've got to play the best teams sooner or later, why not go straight for it?

The easiest draw would be Bremen - I wouldn't be sad if we drew them but at the same time I'd probably like to play a bigger club.

I don't care.  At the moment, the feeling around Anfield is that we can beat anyone in Europe there.

I dont think the feeling at Anfield is anything like that. :D

And Breman are one of the token "average side doing well" in this years CL season. :)

Thinking about this some more, I don't want Juventus. Liverpool fans could be killed. A lot of them haven't forgiven us for Heysel.

Erm......that is a bit out of order.

Edited by 9 to 5

What exactly is out of order? It's a fact that a lot of Juventus fans hold us responsible for Heysel. And from what I've been told (I don't speak Italian) there are Juventus fan sites which have threats to kill 39 Liverpool fans in revenge. I'd just rather not find out if they're serious.

What exactly is out of order?  It's a fact that a lot of Juventus fans hold us responsible for Heysel.  And from what I've been told (I don't speak Italian) there are Juventus fan sites which have threats to kill 39 Liverpool fans in revenge.  I'd just rather not find out if they're serious.