Champions League - Possible English Opponents

Guest _sTe_

ARSENAL

Possible opponents: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Porto, Werder Bremen.

CHELSEA

Possible opponents: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSV, Werder Bremen.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Possible opponents: AC Milan, Bayer Leverkusen, Inter, Juventus, Monaco.

LIVERPOOL

Possible opponents: AC Milan, Bayer Leverkusen, Inter, Juventus, Lyon.

As group winners, Arsenal and Chelsea play their first-leg games away.

For me, with no disrespect to them, I'm hoping Arsenal draw Werder Bremen or Porto. Even though Porto are the Champions, they're not the same team that won it last year, and while Bremen are still a good side, I feel we'll have more chance of proceeding if we draw one of those two. I know a lot of people will be hoping for a big game with Real Madrid or Barcelona, but at the moment with our form a little shaky, I'd rather save those until the later stages.

A lot of top sides have progressed this year, would do you want the English sides to draw?

Guest Downloading_Man

ARSENAL

Possible opponents: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Porto, Werder Bremen.

They won't cruise it, but its the best draw they could get.

CHELSEA

Assuming the Germans are taken, PSV aren't even in the same (Champions) league as the others.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Obviously the weaker teams. Monaco would be a good attacking tie, while Bayer are weak enough, that Man U can get some revenge and knock them out. Even against the Italian teams I'd rate Man U no worse than 50-50 to win.

LIVERPOOL

Liverpool aren't really good enough to survive much longer, but if they draw Lyon they might just do that. Who knows maybe they'll do a Leeds (A few years ago in CL, not burn all their money) and shock everyone in the CL this season.

ARSENAL

Possible opponents: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Porto, Werder Bremen

CHELSEA

Possible opponents: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSV, Werder Bremen

MANCHESTER UNITED

Possible opponents: AC Milan, Bayer Leverkusen, Inter, Juventus, Monaco

LIVERPOOL

Possible opponents: AC Milan, Bayer Leverkusen, Inter, Juventus, Lyon

ARSENAL

Possible opponents: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Porto, Werder Bremen

CHELSEA

Possible opponents: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSV, Werder Bremen

MANCHESTER UNITED

Possible opponents: AC Milan, Bayer Leverkusen, Inter, Juventus, Monaco

LIVERPOOL

Possible opponents: AC Milan, Bayer Leverkusen, Inter, Juventus, Lyon

Oh ho, look at all the Chelsea-haters attempting to put Real Madrid on us...

ARSENAL - Barcelona

CHELSEA - PSV

MAN UTD - Monaco

LIVERPOOL - Lyon

And why, you ask, do I give Liverpool, Man Utd etc relatively easy draws when they could have Munich, Madrid, Milan etc? Well, you see if Milan/Madrid etc play each other, it eliminates half of those teams there and then. I'm not worried about meeting the other English teams further on...because we've beaten you before, AND COULD DO IT AGAIN DAMN IT!*

* - Accuracy of statement pending on this Sunday's result. :shifty:

ARSENAL vs Werder Bremen - Just so that if the Gunners lose, Matzat will post another 'masturbation over Bremen' thread :P

CHELSEA vs PSV

MANCHESTER UNITED vs AC Milan - Because if they can't beat Milan, they don't deserve to win anything.

LIVERPOOL vs Lyon - Because they're out of the cup if they draw anyone else :P

Arsenal

I really want to draw Real Madrid, I have always wanted to play them, I fully believe we could knock them out. If we don't ge them, I would prefer Porto over the others.

Chelski

Them getting PSV would be good becasue of Kezman and Robben but I want them to draw Barcelona, a nice rock hard tie.

Man Utd

I so want them to draw AC Milan, I would love it, I wouldn't see them beating Milan.

Liverpool

Juventus. No reason really, I think it could be a good game, but who knows.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Only team I'm not keen on playing in the possible selection is Barcelona. Real Madrid are favourites every year but I truely believe that any of the teams left in the tournament could do away with them , they're not the best team in spain, let alone europe.

Too many egos, too much money, it just doesn't work.

I'd really love to see Arsenal draw Madrid because it's a game so many people want to see. If both teams were at there best it would turn out to be a stunning game.

I'd love to see Juve draw Werder Bremen because Maztat is so cocky and actually believes his team can defeat anyone, so I'd love to see Juve take them down. I'm really hoping to see Juve draw Liverpool though and I could see it turning into one heck off a game.

At the same time I wouldn't mind if we drew United. We haven't had the best off luck against them in the past, but we so want revenge on them and I feel this is the time for it maybe. If it's not us that face them, then hopefully it's AC Milan who destroy them :P

As for Chelsea, well who cares? Hopefully it's Barcelona who knock the twats out :)

Guest Red Devil

ARSENAL

Barcelona

Aresenal have said they're the best team in the world and at the moment IMO Barcelona are the best (inc. my own team, Man Utd) and i'd love to see this match and Arsenal get knocked out.

CHELSEA

Real Madrid

It'll be Money v Money. We'll actually see whose spent all their money wisely, i'd expect Chelsea to ease past them as Madrid are a shadow of themselves.

MANCHESTER UNITED

AC Milan or Monaco

If we're on form then i'd love to see us take on Milan becuase i know we could beat them, my heart wants a big match and this match would be huge and we're always up for huge matchex (i.e Arsenal). However, my brain is telling me Monaco as they are the worst out of the 5 IMO and a shadow of themselves and it'll be an easy get your confidence up game.

LIVERPOOL

Bayer Leverkusen

Bayer are the easiest and i'd like Liverpool to get to the finals becuase they're the worst team in the CL remaining and would be an easy final against us. People who are saying Lyon are easy really need to watch them play, Lyon are a really good side that WILL pull off some upsets.

Arsenal and Chelsea I think will both go through quite comfortably as long as they don't draw Barca (who're the team to beat in this competition if you ask me) even against Real Madrid they've got a fair chance.

If Celtic can manage a draw against Milan I'm sure ManU can beat them. I think Juve would provide the toughest challenge out of the possible draws for Utd but also the best match.

As for Liverpool, well I'd be hoping to be drawn against Lyon if I were a fan.

Guest Reyes Henry

ARSENAL

CHELSEA

MANCHESTER UNITED

LIVERPOOL