"3"

A-Dub

That Dale Earnhardt special that was on ESPN, it's not bad. I missed it the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time it was on, but I finally caught it. Definatly something for race fans, or people like myself who are just Earnhardt fans. Barry Pepper isn't a great Dale, but I can't see anyone else doing it. A very good ending, even though I hate the fact that the only driver I ever rooted for died, the ending was very well done when it comes right down to it.

So to those who caught it, what'd you think?

I liked it, but it was too short and left too much out, but that's about what you an expect from a made for TV movie. They could have gone more into the rough relationship between Dale and Dale Jr., even though they did show a couple of their disputes. They didn't go into DEI or anything like that either. But for what it was, it was good. Maybe if it was a miniseries they coulda got everything in, lol.

It was better than "Hustle" at least, but hey I've seen movies on Cinemax at two in the morning with people that I've never heard of before or since that were better than "Hustle" so that doesn't say much. They did a good job overall trying to mix racing with the rest of his life story, but he sure says that he wants to race alot. And they couldn't get someone better to play Dale Jr. I laughed everytime that guy talked, I'm looking forward to "Tilt" that looks decent.

I refused to watch Hustle...

3 was...ok, but as said...just too much left out, instead of focusing on something it floated around.

Junction Boys was the best so far.... Season on the Brink was not very good either. ESPN is trying, but have yet to succeed.

3 wasn't bad, but it was a bit too short. I personally thought Barry Pepper was a convincing Dale Earnhardt, but that's just my opinion. I'm looking forward to Tilt. Hopefully ESPN continues to improve their original movies/series. This was a step in the right direction.

Barry Pepper played a good Dale Earnhardt and I thought it was a good move on ESPN's part not to end the movie with the crash. If it was a not-sports channel making the movie 20 years from now, the crash that killed Dale would be protrayed as a flaming inferno that flew into the stands and killed tons of people because that's Hollywood. But like I said before, Tilt looks to have promise. Having Michael Madsen in it gives it some sense of credibility compared to the "big" stars that ESPN has used in the rest of their movies and series to this date. Tom Berenger "Junction Boys", Brian Dennehy "A Season on the Brink", Tom Sizemore "Hustle", Omar Gooding "Playmakers", Barry Pepper "3".

And one last note if nobody has the patience to watch ESPN all day to catch 3 and feels like wasting $20, you can buy it in most stores now, ESPN released it on DVD, weird seeing how it's only been out like 2 weeks.