Whose Line Is it Anyway?

Cactus Drags

Guest ryan_the_canuck

Original cast wasn't meant to be 'three regulars and a guest', or even with any regulars...John Sessions was in every episode of the first season (1988)...Ryan Stiles was the next permanent fixture, but not until 1995 or so...the CC episodes were still part of the British series, just filmed in Hollywood because ABC was filming the first season of their version at the same time.

For more information, check out www.idiotsite.com </plug>

I've only ever seen it when I was in Canada, is it shown in the UK?

Apparantly. In fact, I believe the original version was British with Drew Carey traded in for Clive Anderson and a couple of Brit improv artists. That version had Ryan and Colin too, which is easily where the show's best moments were, no matter what side of the Atlantic it was on.

You know, being an American, I can admit this that the British version of Whose Line is better then the American just because of who was on there. Also, another great moment was when they were thinking of a TV Theme song and somebody said "George Washington & Hitler." And they DIDN'T DO IT!! That could've been the funniest thing ever.

It was Bill Cosby and Hitler. and they didn't do it, but it did lead to some very amusig jokes, including Ryan Stile's hoedown.

British version also featured Wayne Brady and Greg Proops, though not nearly as often as the American one. Our one was better on the whole though, if only because Drew Carey is rubbish at hoedowns :P

I thought Proops was on about as much on the British version as he was on the American version. Wayne Brady was only on a couple of episodes, though, same with Phil LaMarr (and he did those at about the same time MADtv started, I think).

Also, the best Colin Mochrie hoedown moment was the Colin Mochrie hoedown and Greg's verse.

"I love to sing like Colin, I really really do.

I really really really really really really do!

And when I sing like Colin, it makes me have great joy,

Because I... arrghh! (cracks up and does dinosaur impression)"

Meanwhile, the best hoedown verse ever was again done by Greg Proops, for the cricket hoedown....

"I'm a cricket player, I stand upon the pitch.

I wait for the ball to come, and then I give it a switch.

When the game is over, I retire for a beer.

And I know what you're thinking, and no, we're not."

Edited by GoGo Yubari

I just saw the episode where Wayne inadvertently shows off the girl's underwar, and Ryan Stiles sings about it in the hoedown. Also saw the outtakes wear he tries to sing again as the censors wouldn't allow his first version, but he tries twice and still mentions the girl. classic.