Whose Line Is it Anyway?

Cactus Drags

They like to use people that a fair number of the audience will know who they are, as well as they like to have people that the actors can impersonate well. Which is why they keep using the same people, like Carol Channing and John Wayne.

The episode that made me ask was the one where they have three props and whoever has the sword is braveheart, the binoculars Jimmy Stewart, and the canteen Carol Channing, and there was a sort of knowing look on Stiles' face, and something Drew Carey said suggested there was some kind of history, or a running joke or something, I s'pose.

Guest Wrestling_Man

I've only ever seen it when I was in Canada, is it shown in the UK?

Apparantly. In fact, I believe the original version was British with Drew Carey traded in for Clive Anderson and a couple of Brit improv artists. That version had Ryan and Colin too, which is easily where the show's best moments were, no matter what side of the Atlantic it was on.

• Admin

Funniest moment I ever saw was Colin doing a hoedown (I think it was about Heart Disease), and after the first line, he just threw himself to the floor, as if he'd had a heart attack. I was in stitches for ages (as was Ryan, who had to follow it up and couldn't)

I've only ever seen it when I was in Canada, is it shown in the UK?

Apparantly. In fact, I believe the original version was British with Drew Carey traded in for Clive Anderson and a couple of Brit improv artists. That version had Ryan and Colin too, which is easily where the show's best moments were, no matter what side of the Atlantic it was on.