MLB Offeason Thread

sahyder1

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how everyone, including the media, make Carl Pavano out to be a rotation stud in the free agent market. Dose anyone remember how bad he was in his career to spit last season? He has one good year, his contract year, and everyone think's he is the shit. I honestly don't think Pavano will even win 150 games in his career and who ever signs him will be disapointed.

Radke would be a much, much better option then Pavano.

Edited by Miami Vice

Carl Pavano pulled a Javy Lopez. He put together a couple of mediocre seasons and then as every athlete tries to do...puts together a Cy Young calibur season in his contract year. He's very shaky and if a team out there is looking to pick him up and make him their staff ace, ala Baltimore, watch out because you are gonna get burned. Pavano was the #3 in Florida, I think that is about the highest level of pressure he can take.

BRAD RADKE TO LA...

Guest 3115734

Red Sox meeting with Pedro and Pavano, expecting to sign both. Also offered a two year deal to a free agent catcher Damien Miller I believe.

Edited by 3115734

Tigers signed Troy Percival. 2-years, $12 million

This is signing is sooo huge. Not only does this guy give the team a top flight closer, but the appearence is great. He shows guys around the league that the Tigers are for real. He's said he's already been in Troy Glaus' ear to come, this is great.

Plus it was reported that the Tigers had a great meeting with Jeff Kent and are hot for Steve Finley

I am a HUGE Tigers fan as I was born in Detroit and have been to many games. I marked out when they signed Percival because that shows how committed they are to the cause. I wouldn't worry about a payroll though. The guy who owns the Tigers (Mike Illitch) also owns Little Caesar Pizza and the Detroit Red Wings. Both franchises make him more than enough money to pay for the Tigers. They have great young pitchers so I dunno why they'd want to bring so many more in. I can see Percival though because hes an awesome closer. They really need 2-3 more bats. The pitching may help them stay in games but without the hitters, they cant win ballgames. Comerica Park is a pitchers park though. I went to like 20 games 2 years ago and I only saw maybe 10 homeruns the whole time. It used to be even worse.... The Tigers Come Alive in 05 BABY!

I wouldn't worry about a payroll though.  The guy who owns the Tigers (Mike Illitch) also owns Little Caesar Pizza and the Detroit Red Wings.  Both franchises make him more than enough money to pay for the Tigers.

It's good that Tigers are getting out of the cellar for once in my lifetime. I'm not a fan of theirs, but hell. They're a historic team and have struggled for long too long.

Off topic: as for Caesars. The only places I see them are in K-Marts. Half of them in CT closed. Half the rest struggle to sell $400 a day, $700 on Fri/Sat. Or at least that's what it's like in my area. Caesars is good stuff though.

I wouldn't worry about a payroll though.  The guy who owns the Tigers (Mike Illitch) also owns Little Caesar Pizza and the Detroit Red Wings.  Both franchises make him more than enough money to pay for the Tigers.

It's good that Tigers are getting out of the cellar for once in my lifetime. I'm not a fan of theirs, but hell. They're a historic team and have struggled for long too long.

Off topic: as for Caesars. The only places I see them are in K-Marts. Half of them in CT closed. Half the rest struggle to sell $400 a day, $700 on Fri/Sat. Or at least that's what it's like in my area. Caesars is good stuff though.