Alias

BlackFlagg

Alias premieres tonight at 9 for a 2 hour special.

From ABC.com

In the season premiere episode, Sydney, Vaughn, Jack and Dixon are stunned by CIA Director Hayden Chase's (Angela Bassett) choice to be their new boss. Meanwhile, Sydney and Vaughn's possible reconciliation is surprisingly in doubt -- even though Lauren is dead -- and Sydney learns an appalling secret about Jack that threatens to destroy their relationship. Additionally, against Sydney's vehement objections, her new boss partners her with Jack to hunt down a modern-day samurai; Sydney's half-sister, Nadia, is reluctant to return to the spy game since learning the truth about her father -- Arvin Sloan; and Vaughn and Jack share a surprising bond over Jack's unspeakable past misdeed - much to Sydney's chagrin.

i whatched most of the first season, it sucked ass, the clifhangers ALL wer resolved so lame, and the concept seemed to be just having the end of an episode being the beginning of the next on, and than after 5 minutes of the next episode the clean cut happens and it starts of just as it would be a real new episode, that is lame writing. Garner is a hotty though.

I love Alias... it's the show that has filled my Buffy void. Of course it could never equal the greatness of the Vampire Slayer, but it's still a damn good show. Season 3 was a little rocky, but I think it was generally overbashed. One of the best shows on TV next to 24.

So I sat down with my girlfriend to watch the show and I must say, I liked it a lot. I was always into the Bourne movies so this CIA TV series has made me feel all fuzzy inside. :)

One question:

Was Irena Derevko on the show prior to this season? What happened to the actress? Left or fired? Was this a big cliffhanger at the end of last season?

Guest Ringmaster

Irena Derevko was there on the second season, but Lena Olin wanted more cash so they just wrote her out and only showed Jack communicating with her via the net. That scene where Jack sees Sydney reading the files was the cliffhanger for the last season.

Boring first hour, and the second one was decent, I'm only really interested in finding out why Irena tried to have Sydney killed though, I could care less about the sister crap.

Seen it. Wasn't that impressed but I'm glad it's back. First hour was just boring. Second hour was okay but the chinese guy was trying too much to be like Sark. There's only 1 Sark.

It was so cheesy that mostly everyone who was working with Sydney before is now working with them again, Only this time the colors of the walls are white.

Now onto more important things to watch like 24 on Sunday.

As a huge fan of the show, who actually prefers it over Buffy despite being a fanboy for both, I was disappointed in the premeire.

It just didn't feel right. I kept thinking "Why do this so early?". It seems far too soon to use the whole idea of bringin' the SD-6 gang back together. It's the kind of thing I would've marked for if done at a later point.

However, the show never ceases to amaze me, so i'm sure it'll feel right with time. In addition, while having this arguement with myself, I came to the conclusion that there wasn't much else they could do this season to keep the theme the show has created of every season being a fresh and new experience.

I've always found the first episodes of the season to be more dull than the rest of the season. Probably because I spend the whole time trying to find out what's going to happen in the next 21 episodes. Only big problem with this episode was not enough Jack. I know Sydney is the star, but to me, Alias has always really been about Jack while Sydney takes care of the action.

It's a good thing I looked on page 2, I was gonna make a discussion topic about Alias. My buddy Andrew got me hooked on it and he has all 3 seasons on DVD so we would binge like 6-7 hours at a time watching the episodes, trying to get me caught up. Now that we actually have to watch it on TV, it's gonna be tough to handle all the frickin cliffhangers! But this show seriously rocks.

I liked the premiere but I thought it was a little anti-climactic as regards to the cliffhanger at the end of season 3 but its good to see its not fully resolved when Sloan said to Jack "you didnt tell her the whole truth did you?"

I think Mena Olin was a stupid twat for demanding more money, her character was awesome and there was so much left to do with it.

I agree Jack is awesome, you dont fuck with Jack. That is all.

Watching the first 3 seasons, I kept sayin the same thing over and over: "Fucking Sark!" The guy was everywhere and I can hardly wait until he shows up in this season, I'm gonna mark out like a motherfucker.

Just out of curiousity, what was everyone's favorite parts of the first few seasons? Personally when we all thought Sloan's wife was dead and then it shows Sloan walking on the beach towards their cottage and she is waiting for him, I almost shat myself, that was such a huge surprise for me. But enough out of me, yeah, what were your favorite moments in the series?

The best moment of the show was definitely the end of SD-6. It made you feel so good and then bam! Francie's dead.

And Sloan deceiving everyone and keeping his wife alive is pretty sweet.

Still, just the whole premiere left me unsettled... things just seem to be going too right, ya know? Derevko's dead, Lauren's dead, Vaughn and Syd are back together, Sloan's a good guy, and the old gang is back together. Something big is about to go down.

Guest Ringmaster

Watching the first 3 seasons, I kept sayin the same thing over and over: "Fucking Sark!" The guy was everywhere and I can hardly wait until he shows up in this season, I'm gonna mark out like a motherfucker.

Sad to say, I've read various places that David Anders has been written off the show, and the IMDB also lists him as being on the show from 2002-2004, meaning that he's a goner, which is a pity because the character could have had so much more to give.

When the IMDB does that, it means they're off the regular cast... doesn't mean he won't make guest appearances. They did the same thing with Tony Head on Buffy, they have him listed from 1997-2001 despite the fact he was in almost every Season 7 episode. They mentioned Sark on the premiere being in custody, I have a feeling that won't be for long.

Guest Ringmaster

Yeah, I just looked through the last week's issue of Entertainment Weekly and they refer to him as the now departed David Anders, so I don't know what to say. so I'm assuming, he's either gone or he's in his winding days.

When the IMDB does that, it means they're off the regular cast... doesn't mean he won't make guest appearances. They did the same thing with Tony Head on Buffy, they have him listed from 1997-2001 despite the fact he was in almost every Season 7 episode. They mentioned Sark on the premiere being in custody, I have a feeling that won't be for long.