Champions League Final Thread

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also as a Ger I'm watching Prso closely and hoping he makes an impact but more importantly hoping he comes out of the game in one piece! I think it'll be a close game and a very exciting one to watch. I feel Monaco are the one team that this season have been consistently strong in attack in the CL and Porto's usual game of scoring and then sitting in for 1 -0 win won't work against Monaco as I feel that Morientes, Prso and Giuly will find a way through.

I think its Monaco's year in Europe. Morientes has been sheer class in the Champions League and in my opinoin Monaco will come out with a 2 nil win. With goals from Morientes. Is he going back to Madrid in the summer?

Good game this

[/sarcasm]

It is a good game. Just because Arsenal isn't in this match doesn't means it's a bad one.

Monaco have been more threatening, but Porto is the one to take the lead through Carlos Alberto.

Interesting fact: There was 200 minutes without a goal in the CL finals until Carlos Alberto scored.

What?

It IS a poor game, how many shots have there been? It isn't as bad as last years mind you. But that goal will lift it in the 2nd half, should be better

A game isn't just about goals. Sure, this game isn't as fast-paced as most of the EPL matches, but it is more technical.

Did you see how Hugo Ibarra and Carlos Alberto went past defenders in the first half? That was brillance.

And Monaco have been looking threatening down the left, although their forwards, especially Morientes, have been caught offside before they can get the ball into the box.

Interesting fact: There was 200 minutes without a goal in the CL finals until Carlos Alberto scored.

Interesting fact: Your fact is wrong. Last year was a 0-0 draw after extra time. That's 180 minutes without a goal. This year the goal came in the 39th minute. That's 219 minutes. Research shows that the last goal in the 2001/02 final betwwen Real Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen was scored by Zidane in the 44th minute. That means there were 46 minutes in that game after the last goal was scored.

2001/02 - 46 minutes since goal.

2002/03 - 180 minutes without goal.

2003/04 - 39 minutes until goal.

That's 265 minutes without a goal. Don't spout crap trying to look smart.