Your favorite Soccer Goal Ever

Monkey D. Lars

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my own passion, I'm gonna go with Shearers' 2nd against Holland in the 4-1, and Robbie Keane's equaliser against Germany at the last World Cup.

For great goals, I think it is hard to beat Tony Yeboah's goals against Liverpool and Wimbledon...fucking crackers!

Guest Red Devil

Other then the one's mentioned above here are some i think we're great.

Beckham v Wimbeldon - A personal favourate of mine as i'm a Man Utd fan and this was like the sign of Beckham starting to blossom into a great player. After years of being great he's now losing it totally but that goal was still great.

Rooney v Arsenal - Probably his best goal so far and the one that put him on the map like Beckham in the previos one.

and i think the best goal ever was...

Maradona v England - We all know which goal it was and it was one of the most amazing things i've ever seen. Awesome goal.

For personal enjoyment as a Gooner I'd say when Kanu managed to backheel/flick the ball in against Middlesbrough from near the edge of the area. He scored another in Europe once against Deportivo at Highbury where he managed to beat the goalkeeper without actually touching the ball.

Bergkamp's third goal in his famous Leicester City hat-trick sequence has to be one of the best goals I've seen purely for the brilliant control and finshing, or the one up at Newcastle where he beat Dabizas with the little pivot and scored.

Other than some Kanu or Dennis Begkamp antics, I'd say Tony Yeboah's first crossbar goal against Liverpool for Leeds at Elland Road. I think it was better than the one at Selhurst Park for the fact he hit the first one on the volley - not easy to do.

Edited by supergrass

For personal enjoyment as a Gooner I'd say when Kanu managed to backheel/flick the ball in against Middlesbrough from near the edge of the area. He scored another in Europe once against Deportivo at Highbury where he managed to beat the goalkeeper without actually touching the ball.

Bergkamp's third goal in his famous Leicester City hat-trick sequence has to be one of the best goals I've seen purely for the brilliant control and finshing, or the one up at Newcastle where he beat Dabizas with the little pivot and scored.

Other than some Kanu or Dennis Begkamp antics, I'd say Tony Yeboah's first crossbar goal against Liverpool for Leeds at Elland Road. I think it was better than the one at Selhurst Park for the fact he hit the first one on the volley - not easy to do.

I think Bergkamps goal against Leicester was one of the most skillfull goals, and probably the best for all around abiltiy.

Yeboah's one against Wimbledon, although not on the volley, was after he flicked it past two defenders, so I think they are pretty equal in the end.

Similar to the Beckham lob, I think the Bergkamp one was over-rated, and he benefited from dodgy defending. Good goal, but not great.

Thinking, Henry's against Man U with the flick and volley was glorious.

And any Matt Le Tissier goal was generally a stonker.

While the subject of Dennis Bergkamp is still very briefly in the air, I will mention his World Cup goal against Argentina when he killed something like a 50 yard pass with one touch and then scored. That won the tournament's official best goal I believe, over Michael Owen's goal against Argentina, though it's debatable.

While the subject of Dennis Bergkamp is still very briefly in the air, I will mention his World Cup goal against Argentina when he killed something like a 50 yard pass with one touch and then scored. That won the tournament's official best goal I believe, over Michael Owen's goal against Argentina, though it's debatable.

That goal was art....its the only way to describe it. It was a similar goal to the one against Leicester, but the one against Leicester was slightly better, as he killed, beat the defender with a roll back onto his right, and slotted it in.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Dunno which one is the best for me, I have a hard time deciding on stuff like this, but my most cherished goal is one by João Pinto, from Benfica, against Sporting. Benfica won 6-3 that year... 1994, IIRC. He received the ball, turned around like his life depended on it, shot the ball from about 20-25 meters away from the goal, and stuck it right on the top corner, no chance for defence. Loved it.

This isn't me being biased.

But Bergkamp's goals against Argentina, Leicester, Newcastle, Sunderland and Leverkusen.

Henry's against Utd at Highbury, the flick volley one.

van Basten's at the Euro championsips.

George Weah's coast to coast goal.

And lastly, probably Ronaldinho's against Sevilla last season, he ran from his own half, shimmied round a few players, shot from 30 odd yards and it cannoned in off the underside of the bar, I NEVER get tired of seeing that goal.

This isn't me being biased.

But Bergkamp's goals against Argentina, Leicester, Newcastle, Sunderland and Leverkusen.

Henry's against Utd at Highbury, the flick volley one.

van Basten's at the Euro championsips.

George Weah's coast to coast goal.

And lastly, probably Ronaldinho's against Sevilla last season, he ran from his own half, shimmied round a few players, shot from 30 odd yards and it cannoned in off the underside of the bar, I NEVER get tired of seeing that goal.

No bias at all... :shifty:

And also, just for the sheer ability shown, you can't argue with Roberto Carlos's free-kick against France. The curve on that ball was sick!

Van Basten's of course...

Gascoigne's against Arsenal in the FA Cup 1991 when we beat the scum 3-1 to go into the final where we beat Notts Forest....

Best freekick was Okocha's in the cup last year (against Villa?!) pure power near post...

Nayim putting it over Davis Seaman from the half way line.

And Mendes' against Man Utd last week....Oh hang on, for some reason that didn't actually count...United scum.

Van Basten's of course...

Gascoigne's against Arsenal in the FA Cup 1991 when we beat the scum 3-1 to go into the final where we beat Notts Forest....

Best freekick was Okocha's in the cup last year (against Villa?!) pure power near post...

Nayim putting it over Davis Seaman from the half way line.

And Mendes' against Man Utd last week....Oh hang on, for some reason that didn't actually count...United scum.

I never know why people say from the half way line, because it wasn't. It was about 35-45 yards.

The Beckham freekick against Greece is one of my all time favourites. I just love that goal so much. Everything was riding on that freekick and Beckham delivered the goods with a pure stunning goal. That's why I still rate the guy so highly, when they need him most he is always there to save the day. Well most of the time.

I also love two of Nedved's goals. Firstly his one against Ajax in the CL this season. Just an amazing goal and how he performed it was brilliant. The way he just directed it into the goal was so amazing. The other one is his goal against Madrid in the Semi Finaly of the CL in 2002/2003. The ball over the top was fabulous and the finish was just glorious, probably my favourite goal ever.

The Bergkamp goal was also awesome. I'm talking about the one where he has his back to a defender and flicks the ball round and runs the over way, then smashes it in. That was just amazing stuff. His one for Holland which has been mentioned is also sensational. Brilliant player that guy is.

I also love Forlan's goal from World Cup 2002 and it's one of the reasons I sometimes praise the guy. He has a brilliant finish on him at times yet he seems to be so dumb which makes him partly a shit player. I still like him either way. The goal though was superb. Came to him and he like kneed it up and volleyed it in from outside the area.